Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Turbo Extended Warranty Shootout!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007 | 10:04 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stevertr
I had to go after PM after the purchase of my vehicle. They finally settled the case by paying me a few thousand dollars. Very shady operation IMHO.
If you think they try to get away with murder at the Porsche division you should ask me about their BMW divisions game playing.
Old 09-12-2007 | 10:30 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

i was looking at an 06 Turbo on Ebay and the Posche dealer selling it said on the blower that $1,700 would give it the CPO for the extra 2 years.

that puts some 4.5 years in total onto an 06.
Old 09-13-2007 | 09:07 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I got a launch vehicle used (less than 1k). At that time Porsche did not offer extended warranties. I searched very hard. Finally contacted local dealer sales department and purchased one for $4628. 6yr. 100k. Covers everything except for routine maintenance with $100 deductible. The company is Warrantech Automotive out of Bedford Texas.
Old 09-13-2007 | 09:50 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
i was looking at an 06 Turbo on Ebay and the Posche dealer selling it said on the blower that $1,700 would give it the CPO for the extra 2 years.

that puts some 4.5 years in total onto an 06.

If it has never been registered than the warranty doesn't start until the car is registered. If it has been registered than there is no charge for CPO. Sounds shady to me.
Old 09-13-2007 | 10:59 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cobalt
If it has never been registered than the warranty doesn't start until the car is registered. If it has been registered than there is no charge for CPO. Sounds shady to me.
IIRC, PCNA's latest position to the dealers regarding PCNA repayment for (CPO) warranty work is that the dealer must charge for the CPO...AND bring the vehicle up to CPO standards (consumables, inspection of ECU, multipoint check, etc...in order to limit PCNA exposure).

Of course, I will wait for "OTHER forum members" to chime in; their expertise is the gold standard.
Old 09-13-2007 | 11:17 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
IIRC, PCNA's latest position to the dealers regarding PCNA repayment for (CPO) warranty work is that the dealer must charge for the CPO...AND bring the vehicle up to CPO standards (consumables, inspection of ECU, multipoint check, etc...in order to limit PCNA exposure).

Of course, I will wait for "OTHER forum members" to chime in; their expertise is the gold standard.
Interesting, I just looked at several 06's some with as little as 25 miles and they all came CPO'ed at no additional charge. They were offering quite a reduction in price and I saw no room in it to add the $1700. I almost went with a very pretty fully loaded TTS MSRP over $130k and I could have picked it up for $92k CPOe'd with no mileage never registered. Unfortunately, it sold before I made the move.
Old 09-13-2007 | 11:46 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

For a vehicle with 'as little as 25 miles', then PCNA would not require the CPO charge.
It is for vehicles that are in the grey area (>1K miles)...lease/loaner/trade-in....that CPO should be charged.

Of course, each dealer, much like normal warranty repairs and aftermarket modifications, is free to accept as much liability as they chose.....it will only matter when they try to get PCNA to reimburse their warranty service costs.

Similar situation to PCNA requiring (almost) all parts replaced under "PCNA gets the bill" warranty; if the part is considered NOT defective, the dealership may not be reimbursed....of course there is also a grey area here....if the tech is given insufficient training/tools/diagnostics/software and mistakenly replaces a 'good' part, nothing will likely come of it.

With profits falling a bit and expenses rising, the accountants are just exercising a bit mroe control both at PCNA and PAG
Old 09-13-2007 | 12:10 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
For a vehicle with 'as little as 25 miles', then PCNA would not require the CPO charge.
It is for vehicles that are in the grey area (>1K miles)...lease/loaner/trade-in....that CPO should be charged.

Of course, each dealer, much like normal warranty repairs and aftermarket modifications, is free to accept as much liability as they chose.....it will only matter when they try to get PCNA to reimburse their warranty service costs.

Similar situation to PCNA requiring (almost) all parts replaced under "PCNA gets the bill" warranty; if the part is considered NOT defective, the dealership may not be reimbursed....of course there is also a grey area here....if the tech is given insufficient training/tools/diagnostics/software and mistakenly replaces a 'good' part, nothing will likely come of it.

With profits falling a bit and expenses rising, the accountants are just exercising a bit mroe control both at PCNA and PAG
Thanks

Sounds like Porsche logic.
Old 10-15-2007 | 12:15 AM
Sharptt
Pro

And now, for something completely different like the original thread topic...
Anyone hear anything good or bad about Great Lakes Warranty Company or INDS? There is someone on ebay selling their policies and the prices seems to be a lot lower than what my dealer is quoting me. The Great Lakes policies have no mileage restriction to boot. Funny thing is that Porsche does not offer an extended warranty and the only one my dealer sells is underwritten by FORD! And to make things even stranger, Ford does not sell one to cover my GT. Go figure.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo Extended Warranty Shootout!!