Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 TT Subwoofer not working (properly)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 TT Subwoofer not working (properly)?

Hav an 06 TT and had the spare out at which time I noted nothing coming from the sub (bose system). I've had subsin the past, play bass guitar so I know the low...either way, even if I'm not expecting an EXTREME bass response for the Bose system, the supposed subs in the front doors are at least doing something. The dealer tried to explain it away saying it was working fine, bass non directional...blah blah...meanwhile I hear and feel no difference when attached and not. Anyone else out there? Whats the fix, shy of the JL Audio Stealthbox. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:11 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Default Rear window leaks and sub not working...

Want to add...seems like water leaking from somewhere around the drivers side rear window...had some water in the spare tire well...doesn't appear to have gotten to the sub though.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, since it appears as though no one is falling over themselves to try and help (where are all the smart a$$e$ when you need them?) , I suppose I'll step in.

What you have is actually a 5.25" driver in a 20litre enclosure. Not exactly a classical subwoofer design, but given the constraints, it's what PAG chose and approved.

Your 06TT should be under warranty, so I'm somewhat surprised they simply don't replace the unit; then again, I'm fairly certain they have not been given a diagnostic procedure to follow, and if they return a working unit under warranty repair, PCNA will be giving them a call.

That aside, I would suggest getting an audio test CD with some tones (don't go too low, remember, it's only a 5.25" driver) and verify, for your dealer, that the aforementioned 'subwoofer' is NOT producing any output.
They should be able to handle it from there.

Good luck, this message will self destruct in 5 seconds......
Old 09-06-2007, 11:23 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Thanks for your reply...despite the drivers small size, if working, shouldn't I at least hear of feel the vibration...this is with the back open and tire out...hands on...or can a Bose system be so subtle?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

It's subtle, but if unbolted, you should definitely be able to feel/tell if it's working; it's still just a speaker.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Here is a link to a test video (with audio of course) that you can supply your dealer for testing the aforementioned bass driver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYPSpXTL6po

Hey, you might as well have some fun during Cayenne ownership, right?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Aww Right!

Quick Reply: 06 TT Subwoofer not working (properly)?