Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007 | 09:48 PM
uder26
Advanced

Default Extended Warranties

I am looking into a used Cayenne and I do not want to go naked. I was wondering if I purchased an 05 CTT (still under original warranty) from any ol' car sales place, can I drive it into the Porsche dealer and purchase the extended warranty (2yrs, 100,000 miles) from Porsche?

Or do I need to purchase the warranty from a third party?

And if I do go with the third party, which is best one and can I take the Pepper to the dealer for repairs?

TIA

U
Old 07-16-2007 | 09:51 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

MadFox is the resident forum expert on Extended Warranties........queue the music Danno:
http://www.bigbob.com/five-o/files/h5otheme.au
(go ahead, click it, you know you want to......it's a forum favorite)

As for the CPO, it is a Porsche dealer only option. You would have to 'sell' the vehicle back to the dealer and then have them CPO it (expect $2K or so) and then they would sell it back to you.

PCNA has been clamping down on CPO....apparently there have been more warranty claims than originally expected......shocking, I know.....doesn't PCNA know that JD Powers rated this vehicle so good it's off the scale?
Old 07-16-2007 | 11:35 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
MadFox is the resident forum expert on Extended Warranties........queue the music Danno:
(go ahead, click it, you know you want to......it's a forum favorite)?
Did someone say "extended warranty".... did I hear Jack Lord speaking from beyond the grave... Do I see Larry mooning diamondhead (search threads on ext. warranties)!??

I hate Barbara Steisand but her song said it all...."ext. warranty memories.... they can be beautiful and yet....." and yet.. they can be UGLY too --- just like her politics, her ego, her ---- ... but I digress!?
Old 07-16-2007 | 11:42 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
queue the music Danno:
(go ahead, click it, you know you want to......it's a forum favorite)
B O O K 'E M D A N N O ! ! ! !
Old 07-17-2007 | 02:06 AM
uder26
Advanced

Thanks, I guess in my haste to get my post count up I forgot to do a search. In fact I found a thread almost identical to mine, with the same starting post except mine didn't get the sweet picture:

C'mon guys lets not let the forum lose its luster.....
Old 07-17-2007 | 08:38 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by uder26
Thanks, I guess in my haste to get my post count up I forgot to do a search. In fact I found a thread almost identical to mine, with the same starting post except mine didn't get the sweet picture:

C'mon guys lets not let the forum lose its luster.....
Memo to Newbie:
1. Do NOT use the with the forum "survivors"
2. The forum doesn't need "luster", if you want to polish something, I suggest your Cayenne.
3. Larry is going to come back from the grave as a squirrel, run up your pants leg and steal your nuts.
Old 07-17-2007 | 10:37 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Memo to Newbie:
3. Larry is going to come back from the grave as a squirrel, run up your pants leg and steal your nuts.
Old 07-17-2007 | 11:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Memo #4, forum rules for newbies:
Newbies, if prepared/marinated properly, taste like chicken. Go ahead, ask how we know this to be true.....ask a newbie......oh wait, I've got a mouthful at the moment.

Memo #5, forum rules for newbies:
Do NOT poke at Larry while he's in "the cage". You might think it's funny, but the last time the moderator forgot to lock the cage, we lost a few more newbies (see #4 above)

Memo #6, forum rules for newbies:
Do NOT make direct eye contact with Larry. IF you do so, do NOT turn your back on him, do NOT make any sudden movements. Doing so will trigger the "Post Traumatic Legal Dispute Cayenne Reflex", resulting, again, in #4 above.

Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy the forum.
Old 07-18-2007 | 04:26 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

Memo #5, forum rules for newbies:
Do NOT poke at Larry while he's in "the cage". You might think it's funny, but the last time the moderator forgot to lock the cage, we lost a few more newbies...
Old 07-18-2007 | 02:47 PM
uder26
Advanced

Boy, I sure opened a can of worms with this post! But I guess as a newbie it is very important to learn the rules!

u
Old 07-21-2007 | 11:05 PM
uder26
Advanced

Alright, I have done the search and read the extended warranty threads and have a question that has gone unanswered. When you purchase an extended warranty can you take it to the dealer for repairs? Does it depend on the warranty company? Does any extended warranty tell you where you can and can not get your car fixed? I have never purchased an extended warranty before, but am feeling that I don't want to ever have a naked Cayenne....
Old 07-22-2007 | 07:31 AM
Black Sea RD
Former Vendor

Uder26 has a great question since I am currently involved in negotiating a 2005 Cayenne purchase. Can someone give us an answer through personal experience?

Thanks in advance,
Constantine
Old 07-22-2007 | 12:30 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by uder26
Alright, I have done the search and read the extended warranty threads and have a question that has gone unanswered. When you purchase an extended warranty can you take it to the dealer for repairs? Does it depend on the warranty company? Does any extended warranty tell you where you can and can not get your car fixed? I have never purchased an extended warranty before, but am feeling that I don't want to ever have a naked Cayenne....
I purchased an extended warranty on wife's Audi from the dealer. They fix it, handle the paperwork and it is seamless to me.

I would talk to the finance/biz ops person at the dealership and see what they offer.

I purchased the ex-warr through the dealer expecting they will stand behind the service in the event the company goes the way of Madfox' warr company.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranties