Sponsored by:

Off Road Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
hk_usp9f
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jpljr

Where are the tow-hooks/recovery points on the Cayenne chassis?
JPL,

On the front and rear bumbers there is a small cover you open to reveal a threaded hole where you will screw in a tow hook. The tow hook is included in the toolbox.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:14 PM
jpljr
AutoX

Originally Posted by hk_usp9f
JPL,

On the front and rear bumbers there is a small cover you open to reveal a threaded hole where you will screw in a tow hook. The tow hook is included in the toolbox.

Thanks for the info. In some photos, I have seen the cutouts on the front bumper, although I couldnt be sure what they were for.

I'm hoping not to ever need them, beach driving is usually drama free. Although it's nice to know they are there.

-jpl
Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
vvvince Knauf
Cruisin'

I have the trailer hitch option and bought a receiver with a shackle on the end for the rear recovery point.
In the tool kit there is a tow hook that screws in to the front (left of center behind a ~3x3 inch pull out panel). There is a little hook for opening the panel in the tool kit.
Only trick is that it has "backwards" threads.
We offroad a good bit and hosted the Cayenne off road tours after the Parade last week.

Vince Knauf
San Diego.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 PM
jpljr
AutoX

Originally Posted by vvvince Knauf
...We offroad a good bit...
Thanks for the scoop. The Pepper would only see beach duty, and hopefully I wouldnt ever need to use a front hook. The tow hitch would suffice in most situations. It will definitely be off-pavement though.

I just came back from Moab with my competition built TJ... driving off-road. : )
Old 07-12-2007, 01:02 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the scoop. The Pepper would only see beach duty, and hopefully I wouldnt ever need to use a front hook. The tow hitch would suffice in most situations. It will definitely be off-pavement though.

I just came back from Moab with my competition built TJ... driving off-road. : )

There you go. Why tear up a 70k vehical doing that. Besides You just can't beat those Wrangler with live axles. I had to drive over a tree that was blown down over the road the other day. Would not of tried it or made it with the Cayenne and walked home.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Warren928
Burning Brakes

I am sure the cayenne is quite capable. But when you can buy a nice used 93-99 land rover disco or range rover for $1500-$2000 and beat it off road like I do, it seems pointless to tear up a new porsche, unless its gentle, "non contact" off roading. My 93' LWB has ABS, traction control, air suspension, pretty much all the goodies and there are alot more off road accessories available at better prices on ebay and other places. With a 8,000 lb winch and mud tires this rover is nearly unstoppable.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:32 PM
jpljr
AutoX

I need something to haul the family to the beach, drive on the sand, and pick up groceries and pampers at an alarming rate of speed. : ) The Pepper seems like a logical choice.

For the off-road crowd, here's the TJ... not street-legal anywhere. Running a chipped short-star, 1 ton drive-train, and 37" stickies.

Getting Vertical

Flying
Old 08-03-2007, 02:50 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

I need something to haul the family to the beach, drive on the sand, and pick up groceries and pampers at an alarming rate of speed. : ) The Pepper seems like a logical choice.

For the off-road crowd, here's the TJ... not street-legal anywhere. Running a chipped short-star, 1 ton drive-train, and 37" stickies.

Getting Vertical

Flying
Amazing picture!! The last one, simply cool!

Quick Reply: Off Road Cayenne