Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking to get 05 Cayenne W/ 39k silver/grey... 6cyl...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 07:17 PM
anilkumar4
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL... wifes advise?? $hit, this is what jacked me up in the first place... From a Maserati cambio, 2002, this was a mistake waiting to happen... I refuse to take "car" advise from my wife... now the drapes that are in the living area, her advise... the Bar in my house... my advise... All i was trying to look out for a SUV, none other than a Porsche, but i think she got tired of me trying to over thinking it got me in the crapper and a headspin....

This story has just begun... I am looking at a 997 S this weekend... but my ***** went small the minute she said ... " Does that come in an Automatic?" WTF??? the perils of life... damn... can't wait to hear the comments... NO BASHING PLEASE! LOL...
Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I guess my situation is a rarity then. My wife makes fun of the people with the tippy magitronic automatic gearboxes.

I guess I am pretty damn lucky.......She loves sports, loves the track, loves racing the car, makes a substatially larger paycheck than I, great in bed, , arm token quality AND smarter than 99% of the population, thinks I hung the moon, and yet I still dont' understand why she is with me. Shhhh. Don't tell her she can do better
Old 04-24-2007, 08:11 PM
anilkumar4
Track Day

I did date a girl that was a car buff... after that she would down a 6 pack with me then race some more... (I dont recommend this) Now, this wifeee is more of the relaxed, One glass of wine drinking, lounge lizard that likes the chilling evenings... Like i said the "BAR" is my idea... and she can't drive a manual, and we love to go out in my car... I get intoxed and she drives home! fair game... I wish i could get both cars, the ultimate goal is that... maybe by the end of the year... anil
Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by anilkumar4
I wish i could get both cars, the ultimate goal is that... maybe by the end of the year... anil
Wishes do come true.......YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:21 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL... wifes advise?? $hit, this is what jacked me up in the first place... From a Maserati cambio, 2002, this was a mistake waiting to happen... I refuse to take "car" advise from my wife... now the drapes that are in the living area, her advise... the Bar in my house... my advise... All i was trying to look out for a SUV, none other than a Porsche, but i think she got tired of me trying to over thinking it got me in the crapper and a headspin....
Totally agree
Old 04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
anilkumar4
Track Day

Thanks for your input,

Is it me, or was the Cyl very sluggish??? I really was under the impression that even being a 6 it might be relatively fast (I know, weight, and all that) ... I did work the TIP, to get to where i need to be in speed, but that was after working it, big time.. or is that a marketing ploy to make us get the 8?

For being a Porsche, I have to admit, I was truely dissapointed, especially knowing the engineering, time spent....OR.... is the Quality..like most cars out there, is simply diminishing... The reason why I made these statements. I did have a 968, being a 4 cyl, kept up with 6's and some 8's... the 911, being a 6, keeps up with ALL 8's, 10's and even 12's... Any thoughts?? and I am talking Normally aspirated...

and one another note,
Just curious... what are the average payments on lease options on a 6 or 8 Cayenne, 07 w/ zero down?? I am getting mixed numbers from $850, to $475... for 4 years...?
Old 04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
CJack
Intermediate

Default 6 shooter

I have an 05 6 cylinder and I find it sufficient for what I use it for...family runs, going out in crappy weather, and a daily driver. The tip is fine and the tranny has learned my driving style, so it will go when I want it to.

I bought mine just like I bought my Boxster- put 10K down and financed the rest...sure it cost a bit more in the long run, but i keep my "cash flow". In doing so, the Boxster was paid off early.

At any rate, it's all relative and you got to ask yourself what the primary purpose is for getting a 6 or 8. I don't tow anything, live in the city, don't have anywhere to really let it loose, would enjoy the extra power, but really don't need it...I got the boxster for spirited driviing. Plus I am saving my pennies for a C4S...Ah 3 P-cars in the stable....
Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

6 cyl sluggish? I wouldn't exactly say sluggish. Sure it's no V8 but it's no slouch either. Does just fine hauling my enclosed 20' Pace with my car to the track. Yes, I will uprade at some point but right now I just keep towing right along.....
Old 04-27-2007, 01:09 AM
charlieXS
Pro

I'd call my "six" sluggish around town in "D"...

On the open road she's much stronger and in PSM-off tip-mode she's decent around town too.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:41 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

I agree the V-6 is not sluggish. If you learn how to drive the Cayenne right it is pretty spirited.

Brandon J
Old 04-27-2007, 07:05 AM
tbill
Racer

We have the "S" model and have driven the 6 cyd model during service trips. We love our Cayenne, but would never get a 6 cyd engine to replace the "S". Just so much more torque and we don't even put our foot into it, just normal driving. We have had zero problems with our unit and most likely will replace with another Cayenne or the new Panamera model in 2009. Good luck in whatever you decide on.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:45 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tbill
We love our Cayenne, but would never get a 6 cyd engine to replace the "S".
Well of course. Nobody says "damn, this is too much power in the V8, I think I'll downgrade to a V6". The argument was that the V6 is NOT sluggish, but not that it is equal to driving the S. Heck, your S is sluggish compared to the TT.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
anilkumar4
Track Day

I am not sure if i hurt some feelings, or not, I was not comparing the Cayenne with anyother car or engine.... as a Porsche it's not what i expected... Period. I know the weight, this and that...

This is Not a comparison, simply an opinon... Just like the same opinion someone has about a 911 vs a vette, or the Cayenne ttS vs that rocket Jeep Cherokee ( not a comparison, simply an opinion) ... No biggie... for what it is, i was just dissapointed that this (the 6cyl) was not what i expected.

LOL. we are soo passionate, this is what i love...
Old 04-27-2007, 07:15 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

LOL. we are soo passionate, this is what i love...
Old 04-29-2007, 12:12 PM
anilkumar4
Track Day

Dell,

Can you please post some of your car pics...i am curious to see what your Stable looks...

Quick Reply: looking to get 05 Cayenne W/ 39k silver/grey... 6cyl...