Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get the weathertech mats for their cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:44 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone get the weathertech mats for their cayenne?

I was thinking of getting a set to put in the front and rear for the winter months only, and leave the stock mats in for the other 9 or so months. Also, I wanted to get the cargo liner for use at all times, since the wheels of the baby stroller sometimes tracked crap into the trunk of our old car (want to keep the cayenne cleaner )

These seem to be the best option for the above uses- they seem to be of high quality constuction, they seem to be designed to fit individual cars perfectly and don't look too bad. Anyone have these in ther truck? Any other recommendations?
Old 04-15-2007, 04:36 PM
tetongolf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both the Porsche rubber floor mats and the high sided rear liner. The mats work well, but I was a little disappointed, they look sort of generic, no Porsche crest or writing, but they do work well in the winter.

The rear liner I have goes up the sides about 12". Protects very well, I expected that it was going to be rubberized, so things (and our dog)wouldn't slip around on it, but it is just plastic. I was planning to use it in the winter a lot, hauling ski gear around, but the high sides interfere with the ski access through the rear seats.

I do recommend them both, if you use your Cayenne for hauling lots of things, it will help protect your interior.

Michael
04 CTT
07 Q7
Old 04-15-2007, 05:52 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you get the rear high sides cover also spend 8 bucks for an anti slip mat
Old 04-15-2007, 07:41 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

This is the one I was looking at

While it says it has a lip, I'm not sure if that's what you guys refer to as a "high side"- looks like a lip about an inch or so...

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...1016&Year=2006
Old 04-15-2007, 08:09 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

I've got that one in my Pepper and it works and fits well. Also, our Golden Retriever likes it!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the one we were reffering to

link
Old 04-16-2007, 10:39 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the clearing that up. I'll just get the smaller one I had the link to since I'm not using it for anything that dirty.

Thanks for the help!

-Andrew
Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM
bancu
Racer

One thing I've noticed about the Porsche mats is that they don't have enough of a lip. If you end up with a bit of snow in there and park on an angle it just flows right back on the carpet as it melts.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:46 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

It looks like the weather tech mats may stop at least some of that water runoff...

or the "floor liner" linked below may trap even more snow water, but I don't like the way they look...actually don't like the way the mats above look, but just want to protect the interior a little better than just the floormats in there now...

Old 04-16-2007, 12:53 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

I bought the rubber mats (front, rear and cargo) from Tequipment. They were a little on the expensive side, but they are really heavy and good quality. I use them in the winter and then swamp them out for the carpet mats in the spring.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rome
I use them in the winter and then swamp them out for the carpet mats in the spring.
This is what I hope to do- keep the cargo mat in there always, but use the mats in the front/rear only for the 2-3 months of snow/salt.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
GDF-TT
Intermediate

I have the front and rear floor liners and the regular cargo mat. I am pretty happy with them. I have sand beige interior so I will probably keep them in year round. The beige floor mats get dirty quickly even from rain and I just got my CTTS so I want to keep it as clean as possible.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Another 2-yr+ old thread resurrected. Sorry for bringing up the subject of winter but I like to plan ahead...

Winter floor mats (front & rear). Weathertech or Porsche OEM? Your thoughts and experiences....please.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Magnetic K
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 26 Posts

WeatherTech makes terrific floor mats and trunk liners. I have always had Weathertech floor mats and trunk liners in all of my vehicles. The mats and liners truly protect against the ravages of wet or winter weather. WeatherTech has two floor protective products, the floor mats and the floor liners. I have only owned the floor mats, which are very durable, flexible, and captures water very well. I have had one set in my old Jeep for 15 years, and the rubber mats are still pliable and protective. The floor mats for the front compartment fit precisely, but the rear floor mats are generic and fit very poorly. The rear floor mats are two generic pieces, and do not protect the middle hump of the floor. I have not tried their rear floor liners, which look like they are designed to have the proper vehicle specific fit. The liners should fully protect the rear, including the middle rear floor hump. The floor liners seem to have a higher lip, so will probably capture water better. I cannot comment on the floor grain of the liners, which look like they have less traction than the mats.

I would consider purchasing the WeatherTech floor mats for the front, and the floor liners for the rear.

Of note, for my Cayman, there were different designs of the floor mats for a Cayman without or with the Bose system. As the Cayman with the Bose subwoofer is located on the medial aspect of the passenger compartment, there was an extra cutout. I am not sure if there are similar differences for the Cayenne Bose system.

The cargo liner is very protective, with a high protective lip. However, there is very little traction or friction, so any items stored in the rear slide around constantly, especially during a spirited drive. Despite this, the rear liner is a must to protect the carpeted rear storage compartment of your Cayenne. For those with the rear cargo management system, does anyone know if the storage dividers are removable? The cargo liner will not work with the dividers in place.

First problem. WeatherTech does not have any products available for the new 2011 Porsche Cayenne model available. I have made several inquiries, but there is no news from them as to when the new mats will be available. Bummer! I guess I will have to wait for product development to catch up.

Second problem. No Porsche logo!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM
pokerjarvis
Instructor

I have the Weathertech mats for my Cayenne and my Escalade. I live in Montana and drive both vehicles year round. I think they're great. I put 'em in when I put the winter tire set-ups on and remove in late March or early April. A quick spray at the power wash and they're ready for hibernation. The fit is great, as is the protection. I have no experience with the TechEquip mats, but give the WT mats '2 thumbs up'.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Anyone get the weathertech mats for their cayenne?