Sponsored by:

Drove the new Cayenne Turbo today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lt: Inasmuch as you have the pulse (there is a pulse?) of PAG, I am surprised that the Panamera won't have the DSG. Actually, I was hoping it would have the DSG, since that would suggest availability for the 997s. Any thoughts on this?
Old 03-06-2007, 02:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The DSG has been delayed due to reliability with higher HP powertrains.
Re: potential warranty liability.
I do not know exactly when it will be released, although there is pressure (by the Marketing Dept....who else) to get it out into the field.
It may in fact wait for the Panamera, but I doubt it. If I were to guess, I'd expect to see it first in a facelifted Boxster or Carrera.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of DSG while the "beast" is in service

U.S. company-BorgWarner- some facts from wikipedia-

BorgWarner is a U.S. automotive parts supplier, known for its automatic transmissions and transmission components, (e.g., electro-hydraulic control components, Transmission Control Units, friction materials, and one-way clutches), turbochargers, engine valve timing system components, and 4-wheel drive system components. The company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe, and Asia, and provides highly engineered drivetrain component solutions to all three U.S. automakers as well as a variety of European and Asian customers. BorgWarner has successfully diversified into several automotive-related markets, including ignition interlock technology (ACS Corporation est. 1976) for preventing impaired operation of vehicles.

The company is also notable for co-developing the first major non-diesel application of a variable geometry turbocharger with Porsche, the Variable Turbine Geometry (VTG) system, used in the 2006 911 Turbo. BorgWarner claims this technology will reach mainstream cars within 10 years. [1]

The company is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Robert S. Ingersoll formerly served as the company's CEO and Chairman.

The trophy given to the winner of the Indianapolis 500 each year is called the BorgWarner Trophy, named after the company.

Quick Reply: Drove the new Cayenne Turbo today!