Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 12:55 AM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default DIY Heated Seats

Hey Guys and Gals...

Having now spent more than $1700 on an OEM install of XM Radio (my wife loves it), and generally being very happy with my 05 Cayenne S, I would now like to address the one and only thing that my vehicle is missing... Heated Seats. There are several companies out there who sell "aftermarket" kits that promise OEM performance at a fraction of the price.

Do any of you have any experience with such kits? Have any of you ever disassembled the seats on your Cayenne? Has anyone ever installed one of these aftermarket kits?

Our Cayenne was ordered in Tampa FL... Thus, the original owner never anticipated the need for the heated seat option, opting instead for the thermal glass option (very nice in the summertime). However, it gets pretty darn cold here in the winter, and I am probably going to be naked soon (42k on the odometer), so I want to start investigating my options...

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:20 AM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

experince.............i once installed a set in my blazer............it worked great.......for about 6 weeks then it was done, the pass seat one kept working but it didnt get used to often.
i ended up buying factory heated seats out of trail blazer and making them fit in the truck
you may have better luck,............. i got the kit off ebay

dissasseblmed the seats in a cayenne.......take it to a trim shop.......I work at the dealer and I wont take them apart again. make sure its a good trim shop they are really really hard to put back together and make them look right

I wonder what it would take to install factory heated seats in a car without the option for the factory........i dont know but I Will find out on monday
Old 01-28-2007, 08:51 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IIRC, this was discussed a long, long time ago, back when Larry was alive and everyone loved their Cayennes.....yes, the honeymoon phase.

In a word: No.

Your Cayenne is built with a VIN specific wiring harness. Only the ordered/configured options are wired into the car. Nothing else.

So, in order to add heated seats, you would have to wire the car from the dashboard to the fusebox to the seat pan.....LOTS of disassembly.
If you thought the XM install was $$, try that one out. Technically possible.

If you would like to talk to someone who attempted something similar, PM Toby and just mention BiXenon install.

Quick Reply: DIY Heated Seats