Sponsored by:

Carlsen Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 06:44 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs up Carlsen Porsche

After weeks of dealing with a few local dealers, I've had it as they seem to be more interested in playing games then selling cars. So I broadened the radius and found the perfect car up north. And in case you missed the title, it's Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City, CA - by far the easiest and most pleasant experience I have ever had buying a car The whole negotiation took 5-10 mins on the phone - got a good deal on the CS, the trade, and finance rate! When I got there, car was all washed ready to go. Paperwork was ready within mins and they did not try to upsell me anything else! In fact, I had to ask how much would an extended warranty and the LoJack be.

But I must thank BostonDMD for his tips on current incentive which made my purchasing so much easier

Attached are couple pics I took at Napa Valley, what an awesome way to break-in a new car Although my original plan was to take PCH back to LA, we were running late so had to take the 5 back down. But cruising the 152/Pacheco Hwy made me realize what many of you have said before, you really have to drive it to appreciate it! I must admit I did not like the Cayenne when it first came out but it obviously grew on me after awhile.

Alright alright, if it's too good to be true, it probably is, so here are a few questions (problems?) I have to ask the veteran of this forum and yes I searched already but am more confused after reading so many posts (especially question #1):

#1 - rear window, is it supposed to close like the rear hatch with that final automatic click? I have read many posts about the faulty microswitch. Well, mine does not open by itself but sometimes it doesn't close all the way even if you slam it multiple times. So the infamous "!" comes up The guys at Carlsen told me to turn the engine off as the switch reset itself. I think it works. So far it has happened 3-4 times but most of the time it closes fine with a semi-hard slam. So my question is do I have a faulty microswitch or does it require adjustment or maybe the seal around the window is just too new?

#2 - how do you (or can you) turn on the navigation without turning on the radio or CD?

#3 - when i adjust the driver's side rearview mirror, the passenger's side move simultaneously this doesn't seem right is this defective or do i have a wrong setting somewhere or just the way it is

#4 - underwhat circumstances does the car takes off in D1 instead of the normal D2? It only happened once in the morning in the hotel parking lot.
Attached Images   
Old 01-17-2007, 06:59 PM
seedvila
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 - Still trying to find the answer myself. On our 06, you didn't have to slam anything to get it to lock. The '04 is a different story.

2 - You have to turn the screen on, but you can mute the radio or CD player

3 - Go into the main menu using the rocker switches on the windshield wiper stalk and change the settings for the mirrors. I believe it is listed under the "Comfort" category

4 - The Cayenne will take off in D1 if the engine is cold
Old 01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wilfred
But I must thank BostonDMD for his tips on current incentive which made my purchasing so much easier .
that's what's great about this forum.. good info and entertainment.. recommend you join rennlist too.

Attached are couple pics I took at Napa Valley, what an awesome way to break-in a new car .
Okay, you need to post these on the WANTED: Pic of you and your Cayenne Thread WITH a picture of you, too!
#1 - rear window, is it supposed to close like the rear hatch with that final automatic click? I have read many posts about the faulty microswitch. Well, mine does not open by itself but sometimes it doesn't close all the way even if you slam it multiple times. So the infamous "!" comes up ... .
The use of !!!! is severly limited in this forum however.. it would seem that you have a bad switch.. I'd give it another week or so and then have them replace under warranty.
#2 - how do you (or can you) turn on the navigation without turning on the radio or CD?.
Sorry, PAG didn't think of duality here. This "feature" is especially annoying if a college kid borrows the car and the radio/CD volume was on BASS THUMPING LOUD upon your "turn" to drive.
#3 - when i adjust the driver's side rearview mirror, the passenger's side move simultaneously
not normal function.. seen this posted as a problem with several other Cayenne owners. Warranty item.
#4 - underwhat circumstances does the car takes off in D1 instead of the normal D2? It only happened once in the morning in the hotel parking lot.
I live in the south.. where it was 75 on sunday and 39 today.. with non alpha/beta Cayennes, you'll get a D1 take-off in cold weather or if the car has sat for quite a while and you "take off" slowly. In alpha/beta models, I for one never had a D1 take-off EVER. M1 yes.. On my 06 Tit.S. D1 is fairly common in my driveway on cold days (which means it is really cold as the garage takes a while to "cool" down.

WELCOME to the best forum and congrats on a great looking Cayenne. By the way the official Cayenne beverage is Purplesaurus Rex
Old 01-17-2007, 07:09 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1 there is no auto pull down for the glass, may require adjustment may just require ful;ly closing it
2 you have to turn the pcm on to have the navigation
3 go in to comoft and then mirros and un check the sync box, you will need to this once with each key
4 when cold the trans starts in first to asist in warmup of engine/transmission
Old 01-17-2007, 07:47 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats I think I sat on all the titanium S at Carlsen
I have referred a lot of customers at Carlsen, everyone is happy with them
theyre top notch..
I have no complains on the 06 tiS, everything works fine

Last edited by alex911s; 01-20-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
jordan2tre
AutoX

Can you tell me what you paid vs. msrp?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:14 AM
jordan2tre
AutoX

how many Titanium S on the lots have you seen at the base price? I don't really want to spend over 52-54K.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:40 AM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks all for the replies:

1) will wait & see, call me old school but no way i am going to wait til 20k to change the oil so i will probably bring it up the next time i go in for service, either 5k or at the latest 1 year. Unless it gets worse of course...

2) hmmm, i was afraid of the above responses

3) thanks! fixed, although i must say i do not understand the logic behind this option but oh well, at least it's unchecked now

4) thanks again! it's a relieve knowing it's operating normally.

Madfox, i know you are one of the regulars here but you are not going to peer pressure me into posting a pic of me on public forum ain't going to happen i must admit the cayenne forum is much more fun than the 996 GT2/3 forum, they are too much into tracking over there and since mine ('04 GT3 btw) is a garage queen, well, there's not much for me to talk about when it just sits there Purple Rex??? what in the world is that???

Jordan, a zero option Titanium MSRP is $65,715 and you are looking for a $12k-$14k discount on a base model... I am not going to say it's impossible knowing dealers have so much '06 inventory and the fact we are in 2007 and the '08 are coming out very soon. But I will say my deal is more like Alex's comment (who seems to be an expert on buying cayennes ) and even though i know the dealer still made some money off of me, I am cool with that because they deserve it.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:39 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Madfox, i know you are one of the regulars here but you are not going to peer pressure me into posting a pic of me on public forum ain't going to happen i must admit the cayenne forum is much more fun than the 996 GT2/3 forum, they are too much into tracking over there and since mine ('04 GT3 btw) is a garage queen, well, there's not much for me to talk about when it just sits there Purple Rex??? what in the world is that???
Regarding pic and public forum... oh, you don't know how much I agree with that.. I refrained for "long time" sailor! But, I did so in the WANTED thread but sunglasses and more of the car not the owner. We're cool with no pic of the owner guys/gals.. but you definitely have to post a pic of the car. Purplesaurus Rex is a 40 year old recipe of Kool-Aid, loved by LTC and the recently deceased Larry. During the alpha/beta years, we all drank the "kool-aid" and just acted like the poor new car implementation by Porsche of the Cayenne was a "rite of passage" for those with strong stomachs. Dig around the forum, you'll find lots of good info and a lot of entertainment.... oh, and some "interesting" characters as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
jordan2tre
AutoX

Wilfred

we'll see if it's possible. I went to a dealer over the weekend and he must have had 7 or 8 titanium s on the lot. With the 2008 coming in next month, i'll see if i can get a deal.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
discoganya
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Carlsen is a great place ... I've had only good experiences there. Stevens Creek Porsche is the worst !
Old 01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

After weeks of dealing with a few local dealers, I've had it as they seem to be more interested in playing games then selling cars. So I broadened the radius and found the perfect car up north. And in case you missed the title, it's Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City, CA - by far the easiest and most pleasant experience I have ever had buying a car The whole negotiation took 5-10 mins on the phone - got a good deal on the CS, the trade, and finance rate! When I got there, car was all washed ready to go. Paperwork was ready within mins and they did not try to upsell me anything else! In fact, I had to ask how much would an extended warranty and the LoJack be.

But I must thank BostonDMD for his tips on current incentive which made my purchasing so much easier

Attached are couple pics I took at Napa Valley, what an awesome way to break-in a new car Although my original plan was to take PCH back to LA, we were running late so had to take the 5 back down. But cruising the 152/Pacheco Hwy made me realize what many of you have said before, you really have to drive it to appreciate it! I must admit I did not like the Cayenne when it first came out but it obviously grew on me after awhile.

Alright alright, if it's too good to be true, it probably is, so here are a few questions (problems?) I have to ask the veteran of this forum and yes I searched already but am more confused after reading so many posts (especially question #1):

#1 - rear window, is it supposed to close like the rear hatch with that final automatic click? I have read many posts about the faulty microswitch. Well, mine does not open by itself but sometimes it doesn't close all the way even if you slam it multiple times. So the infamous "!" comes up The guys at Carlsen told me to turn the engine off as the switch reset itself. I think it works. So far it has happened 3-4 times but most of the time it closes fine with a semi-hard slam. So my question is do I have a faulty microswitch or does it require adjustment or maybe the seal around the window is just too new?

#2 - how do you (or can you) turn on the navigation without turning on the radio or CD?

#3 - when i adjust the driver's side rearview mirror, the passenger's side move simultaneously this doesn't seem right is this defective or do i have a wrong setting somewhere or just the way it is

Wilfred congrats!

You did it, I have the same exact Tit.s, just beautiful....

I am glad to have have been of some help, I am taking after my mentor Ltc...
Old 01-18-2007, 08:22 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by discoganya
Carlsen is a great place ... I've had only good experiences there. Stevens Creek Porsche is the worst !
I've had the opposite experience. Guess it just depends on who you get for a salesperson and whats going on in the Porsche market at the time.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:30 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

To start in D1 of your own volition, turn the PSM (a/k/a "Please Save Me") Off...
Old 01-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Cognac
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

omg alex blk tiS is soooo beautiful.

Quick Reply: Carlsen Porsche