Sponsored by:

My CTT died in a gas station on I5..yikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007 | 11:41 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default to recall....

there was a movie about a guy who stole a tank?

ten little cayennes all in a row......
Old 01-27-2007 | 07:52 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Why do I picture Alex standing in a Kia showroom looking at the 10yr/100K bumper to bumper warranty and smiling?
Memo to Moderator #4:

Check Kia Showrooms on Sunday to see if 2004 Cayenne Turbo has inadvertently entered the premise through a plate glass window and a small little cutesy Kia SUV is missing. Check the security camera video to see if suspect name Alex was driving said vehicle.. WAIT. according to the ALL FORUM post those security cameras can't tell you diddly-squat. SEE ALEX get KIA... RUN ALEX RUN... SEE CTT in Kia showroom. RUN ALEX RUN
Old 01-27-2007 | 09:11 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Memo to Moderator #4:

Check Kia Showrooms on Sunday to see if 2004 Cayenne Turbo has inadvertently entered the premise through a plate glass window and a small little cutesy Kia SUV is missing. Check the security camera video to see if suspect name Alex was driving said vehicle.. WAIT. according to the ALL FORUM post those security cameras can't tell you diddly-squat. SEE ALEX get KIA... RUN ALEX RUN... SEE CTT in Kia showroom. RUN ALEX RUN
Of course the humor in your post is that you could replace "Alex" with "Madman2" and replace "Kia" with "MDX"
Old 01-27-2007 | 10:10 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Memo to Moderator #4:

Originally Posted by ltc
Of course the humor in your post is that you could replace "Alex" with "Madman2" and replace "Kia" with "MDX"

Was busy helpping wifey with home loans..LOL wasnt depress or anything.. untiil i picked up my car today...
Drives better then before, but wife says try to return it, it'll be interesting this week.... have to send all expenses to pcna.. rental car etc...what an inconvinience...ayyayay anyway have to rest my head is pounding

btw some pics from my drive before my car broke down , i finally got the camera back from the car..haha I knew somethings not right, passed my this place in SOCAL called Rancho Cucamonga and it was snowing..lol
Well, will keep you guys updated on what happened this week, please dont limit my signature page
Attached Images     
Old 01-27-2007 | 11:25 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

so what was the verdict i want to know excatly what the ro says
they replaced and repaired
Old 01-28-2007 | 08:46 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Alex,
Welcome back.

I would suggest sending a PM to John D and/or Jen to change the text in your avatar from 'Addict' to "Official Porsche Caraholic" or something.

They now allow you to change this text as long as the request is OK.

I think you have earned this title!
Old 01-28-2007 | 09:38 AM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps there could be a Cayenne Sadomasochism Award (or maybe we drop the "Sado" part altogether) established. There could be separate categories. "Worst Introduction to Cayenne Ownership" goes to Alex911s. How about the "Lifetime Achievement Award"? Any nominations for ltc? I'm not sure if actually getting rid of your Cayenne (sorry, ltc, - "alleged Cayenne") would disqualify a nominee in the judges' eyes.

However, I am beginning to get a little paranoid about everyone thinking this is such a long repair time. The only 2 times mine has been in the shop for anything more serious than a root job and pedicure, it has taken 2 weeks, and I've heard the same from others. Seems like there is always a part on back-order or a tech out sick (is there only one tech with sufficiently little experience and sufficiently few fingers that he and only he is allowed to work on Cayennes?). This may be veering slightly off topic, but do you guys often get major repairs accomplished in just the few days it would take your local Kia dealer?
Old 01-28-2007 | 10:07 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by sigs
.... How about the "Lifetime Achievement Award"? Any nominations for ltc?
I would guess zero nominations.
I'm not sure if actually getting rid of your Cayenne (sorry, ltc, - "alleged Cayenne") would disqualify a nominee in the judges' eyes.
Cayenne? Did Larry own a Cayenne? I know I certainly never did.
Old 01-28-2007 | 11:44 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only 2 times mine has been in the shop for anything more serious than a root job and pedicure, it has taken 2 weeks, and I've heard the same from others. Seems like there is always a part on back-order or a tech out sick (is there only one tech with sufficiently little experience and sufficiently few fingers that he and only he is allowed to work on Cayennes?).

the average time for repair question is moot in my case, or perhaps infinity. i can tell you the average time to NOT get it fixed, and if most of these dealerships have ONE tech who can work on the cayennes, he never got assigned to mine.
Old 01-28-2007 | 01:30 PM
sigs
Racer

Originally Posted by droptop
the average time for repair question is moot in my case, or perhaps infinity. i can tell you the average time to NOT get it fixed, and if most of these dealerships have ONE tech who can work on the cayennes, he never got assigned to mine.
Mine experience isn't quite that bad, but I do have several unresolved issues. Had the same experience with MB. Seems both are better at finding warranty items I didn't complain about and fixing them than they are at fixing what I brought it in for in the first place. It's so bad that my Lexus-driving wife has even stopped making fun of me, because it's just no sport in it anymore.
Old 01-29-2007 | 12:56 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
so what was the verdict i want to know excatly what the ro says
they replaced and repaired
J#31POZ: Found if you pull fuel pump relay out for left fuel pump the engine runs. Removed seat , carpet checked left fuel pump, sounds noisy(LOL)
P-tech says to replace fuel pump.
Test drove and found ok at this time

btw, the fuel pump now seems noisier(this the right word?lol)
i can hear it..i'm annoyed

Originally Posted by ltc
Alex,
Welcome back.

I would suggest sending a PM to John D and/or Jen to change the text in your avatar from 'Addict' to "Official Porsche Caraholic" or something.

They now allow you to change this text as long as the request is OK.

I think you have earned this title!
Great Idea, I would do that

However, I am beginning to get a little paranoid about everyone thinking this is such a long repair time. The only 2 times mine has been in the shop for anything more serious than a root job and pedicure, it has taken 2 weeks, and I've heard the same from others. Seems like there is always a part on back-order or a tech out sick (is there only one tech with sufficiently little experience and sufficiently few fingers that he and only he is allowed to work on Cayennes?). This may be veering slightly off topic, but do you guys often get major repairs accomplished in just the few days it would take your local Kia dealer?
If I had ownt the car for a year or so then it's ok.. The fact that I only drove the car 4 days makes it a little more frustrating,
Old 01-29-2007 | 01:29 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

alex filp up the back seats,
they cut your capret (dont fear thats the way to do it its desig7ened to be cut.)
but they may not have put it back in proepry and may atribute to more noise.
you can aslo get a sheet of dyno mat athe auto parts store 5-10$ and cover it we have done it for customers in the past
Old 01-29-2007 | 02:44 PM
sigs
Racer

you can aslo get a sheet of dyno mat athe auto parts store 5-10$ and cover it we have done it for customers in the past
Firehawk, your input on this forum is invaluable and much appreciated. I wish I lived within 500 miles of your shop - I'd come to you for service.

Alex, if you decide to keep the truck, I hope that a little fuel pump noise is the worst thing you have to deal with for a while.
Old 01-29-2007 | 02:58 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

alex filp up the back seats,
they cut your capret (dont fear thats the way to do it its desig7ened to be cut.)
but they may not have put it back in proepry and may atribute to more noise.
very comforting..this is no biggie for me

but let me show wifey

wifey=
Old 01-29-2007 | 02:59 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Firehawk, your input on this forum is invaluable and much appreciated. I wish I lived within 500 miles of your shop - I'd come to you for service.

Alex, if you decide to keep the truck, I hope that a little fuel pump noise is the worst thing you have to deal with for a while.

you buy the tickets and supply a beer fund and i make house calls

Quick Reply: My CTT died in a gas station on I5..yikes