Sponsored by:

Cayenne 4WD Training Day

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 08:23 PM
DJB
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 4WD Training Day

A couple of weekends ago some members of the Porsche Club in Melbourne ventured out with our CTT's on road tyres for a training Day. Attached is a link to the write up of the day - pictures and video's.

If you ever get the chance to take your truck off road, you will quickly discover that it is as impressive off road as it is on road.

Link to Photos and videos
Attached Images      

Last edited by DJB; 12-15-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find that the Cayenne is every bit as good as it's American counterparts in the off road category. It appears not to have very much clearance but I have yet to drag the bottom. The tiptronic is simply the the best on controlling downhill speed. There is no lag in shifting to lower gear on a steep hill. As there is in a Hummer which jumps down the hill until the lower gear engages. I take note that few take them off road or even put the transmission in low range. It just amazes me that a car that is nice for for high speed driving on road can do so well off road.

Now if they could find a place to keep a spare that didn't cost $11,000.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:18 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lack of responce to this tread just says that almost no one uses Cayenne's off road. At least in the US.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:43 PM
DJB
Instructor

I have done a fair bit of off road driving here in Aus, mainly in Toyotas, I was very nervous about taking my pristine road car off road. I was completely blown away by its capabilities off road on low profile street tyres. Thankfully the tracks we drove were pretty wide meaning only a few minor scratches.

The linked write up of the day by James talks about the off-road features of this beast - many of which I had never explored. I tell you letting the vechile walk you down a steep slippery track, as it brakes wheels and applies power automatically is an awesome experience.

You just have to give it a go....

Yes and as ChipAZ suggests - you don't want get a flat in the middle of nowhere with only a space saver spare.
Attached Images  
Old 12-16-2006, 08:50 PM
DJB
Instructor

and while I'm at it, we also do a bit of beach driving, although I don't do the sand dune jumping my mates get into. I more enjoy the wave jumping.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cayenne 4WD Training Day