Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-Purchase New Cayenne Damage....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006 | 11:33 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Now that it has been titled, the dealer can offer a CPO option.
Old 12-01-2006 | 11:58 AM
Kooser
Pro

Go in to purchase the car again, have them include the CPO and also further discount the car. They won't have any further "explaining/hard selling" to do to another potential buyer - don't bring your car in to them ever again for service - go elsewhere (close I hope). Use this perhaps as some leverage for a better price.
Old 12-01-2006 | 12:42 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

My thoughts exactly ^^^

However, if the dealer reads this forum, his leverage is shot
Old 12-02-2006 | 04:42 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

They had not processed my paperwork yet, so I'm not sure they'll sell it as USED. Checked dealer's site and no listing for it in new or used inventory as of yet.
Old 12-10-2006 | 03:10 AM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Default Saga Conclusion

Got the 540 back today that I had traded in on the "New" CTT. Couldn't get it earlier b/c they had already put it in the body shop to replace a dented bumper (you don't want to know what they charged me for that...if you can believe they had the audacity to do so). Went earlier this week and they couldn't find the keys (i.e. wasted another hour and a half of my time). Needless to say I don't plan on visiting Momentum Porsche anytime too soon.

Still have the bug to get one in the garage, but now considering the tradeoffs between 2006 CTTS (not many CTTs left in the country) or 2008 CTT.

Does anyone know where you can get reliable Invoice Pricing data for the 2006s? Anyone know of any factory to dealer rebates going on?

By the way, still no sign of the "new" 2005 on their lot or their website. Wonder what happened to it?????
Old 12-10-2006 | 09:23 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by willfranklin
Still have the bug to get one in the garage, but now considering the tradeoffs between 2006 CTTS (not many CTTs left in the country) or 2008 CTT.
STATMAN is going thru a similar thought process in a recent thread.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=316226&page=2

Does anyone know where you can get reliable Invoice Pricing data for the 2006s? Anyone know of any factory to dealer rebates going on?
The official Porsche position is that there are no rebates, there are no cash holdbacks. Unofficially, it's a different story, depending on sales (remember: 100K vehicles/year no matter what it takes).
Old 12-10-2006 | 12:29 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
STATMAN is going thru a similar thought process in a recent thread.
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=316226&page=2

The official Porsche position is that there are no rebates, there are no cash holdbacks. Unofficially, it's a different story, depending on sales (remember: 100K vehicles/year no matter what it takes).
Thanks Lewis, er Larry, hmmmm...which is it, or is it both or neither? Maybe I'm just too much of a newbie to know.

I've used a service called Fighting Chance (www.fightingchance.com) to get manufacturer data, holdback's, rebates, etc in the past. Excellent data, but they don't cover Porsche. Figured I'd be guessing on Rebates and Holdback, but at least having a reliable source for the invoice price would be nice. As I mentioned in an earlier post, trying to "make things right" the dealer offered me $500 over invoice to buy a 2006 CTTS. I can't bring myself to do business with them again, but I am curious as to what invoice really is (don't trust I'd be seeing the real McCoy from them!).

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2006 | 02:25 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

For this reason I would never buy a new car that more than a couple of 100 miles on it. You don't know how the car was treated by the dealer. Did the salesman hot rod it on the way home from work? Did the dealer let people hot rod it on test drives? Did anyone let the car warm up before they red lined it with 56 miles on it? Down here in Tucson Cayenne's are not that hot of an item and the ones they do have sit out in +100 temperatures for weeks and that can't be good for them. So I'm pretty picky.
Old 12-10-2006 | 09:43 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
For this reason I would never buy a new car that more than a couple of 100 miles on it. You don't know how the car was treated by the dealer. Did the salesman hot rod it on the way home from work?
I hear you. That is one piece of the story I left out. When I inquired about the car, I was told it only had 79 miles on it (I was concerned it was a left over dealer demo). When I test drove it, I didn't think of checking the mileage and certainly wasn't used to the CTT's display so I didn't quickly spot the odometer. Dealer's selling disclosure as part of the transaction documents said 79 miles on it. When I got home and saw the repair invoice, it said the car had 250 miles on it. I immediately thought "whew, that isn't my car b/c it only has 79 miles on it". Then I compared the VIN numbers and saw they were same. Went out to car and noticed they had picked up the trip odometer for the disclosure. Car really had 280 miles on it. Guess that is what I get for not checking closely.
Old 12-10-2006 | 09:54 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

3) Texas delear -- I don't want to disclose name as I still don't have my trade-in back from them (no reason to provoke)
I bet it was Advantage Porsche. They scammed me too...
Old 12-11-2006 | 12:20 AM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by DJF1
I bet it was Advantage Porsche. They scammed me too...
If that is the case then I bet their secret slogan is "Our 'advantage' is in customer deceit!"
Old 12-11-2006 | 01:21 AM
wf758
Rennlist Member

Needless to say I don't plan on visiting Momentum Porsche anytime too soon.
To protect the innocent....(at least in this instance).
Old 02-20-2007 | 11:08 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

WOW...just saw that the Cayenne I purchased and returned due to undisclosed damaged showed up on Momentum Porsche's website (dealer website, not the PCNA version) as a NEW car for sale. I can't believe they are still trying to sell that car as new. I checked the VIN against my paperwork from my "canceled" transaction. Stay away!!!!

http://www.momentumporsche.net/porsc...toryId=2348025
Old 02-21-2007 | 12:40 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

I'm obviously late to chime-in but...you did the right thing.

I've been off-road in a bunch of Cayennes in some very extreme situations and I can't even begin to imagine what you'd have to do to break those components.
Old 02-23-2007 | 11:48 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
For this reason I would never buy a new car that more than a couple of 100 miles on it. You don't know how the car was treated by the dealer. Did the salesman hot rod it on the way home from work? Did the dealer let people hot rod it on test drives? Did anyone let the car warm up before they red lined it with 56 miles on it?
That reminds me of a visit to a local Rover dealership a few months ago. I was just starting my search for a new SUV for the wife and decided to drive the LR3. The salesman, while extremely professional and versed in the vehicle, drove the living **** out of it in order to demonstrate the acceleration, brakes and stability control. The truck had less than 50 miles on the clock. Although the performance was impressive, I was shocked by the abuse this salesman heaped on the car. Pedal-to-the-metal stops from 70 MPH on a quiet country road, full-throttle launches and vigorous attempts to upset the suspension were all part of his "demonstration".

Before I left the dealership, I assured him that I would not touch that specific car with a ten-foot pole. He just laughed and stated again how these cars are built to take it.

Andreas

Quick Reply: Pre-Purchase New Cayenne Damage....