ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bancu
Itc,
Jacking this thread a bit...
I must not be using the right phrase with Tire Rack. They're saying that they don't have any of the following Valeo wipers:
- 26"
- VW Touareg
- Porsche Cayenne
Is there some code word or phrase I should use?
Oops, sorry, it was there a while back......that would before PAG/PCNA stopped people like TireRack and Drivewire from offering them, forcing you to buy them thru Porsche parts. Sorry, thought there was still a loophole, should have checked first.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
Hey ITC.. International Terrorist of the Cayenne... what is the "code word" brother?
So, NOW the truth is told.....Larry is an !nternat!onal Cayenne Terror!st.......great.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Itc,
Jacking this thread a bit...
I must not be using the right phrase with Tire Rack. They're saying that they don't have any of the following Valeo wipers:
Is there some code word or phrase I should use?
OK, try this quickly before it disappears:
http://www.drivewire.com/porschepart...iperblade.html
Old 11-21-2006, 06:51 PM
bancu
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

You weren't kidding about that disappearing act. By the time I got there I had to click around a bit to get a button to add them to cart for $10ish more.

I ended up going with Jeff at Sunset Imports. They ended up being more than the elusive TireRack ones but less than Drivewire.

I just hope these wipers are better than the original ones.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
bancu
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Oops, sorry, it was there a while back......that would before PAG/PCNA stopped people like TireRack and Drivewire from offering them, forcing you to buy them thru Porsche parts. Sorry, thought there was still a loophole, should have checked first.
No big deal. I thought I remembered something about that and was very hesitant at mentioning the Cayenne. I was really blown away when they wouldn't even belly up for the VW equivalent.

I've been a TireRack customer for many, many years but this isn't the first time they've 'failed' me. I'm beginning to think they're slipping.

I went round and round with TireRack over a two week period recently. I was just trying to order a replacement TPMS sensor for an after market system purchased from them a two years back. They told me on different calls that the system had been discontinued. I thought this was strange since both they and the vendor still listed the complete system on their web sites. It appears that the reality is that TireRack just isn't carrying items or ordering from that vendor any more.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I ended up going with Jeff at Sunset Imports. They ended up being more than the elusive TireRack ones but less than Drivewire.
I just hope these wipers are better than the original ones.
Sorry to be the one to break the bad news, but there is only one wiper for the Cayenne....it is the Valeo, OEM'd to PAG (and VAG).
There was an initial issue with wiper quality (very early TSB), most were replaced under warranty as a sign of Peter the Great throwing the peasants a bit of bread....
The latest TSB 'fixes' the wiper by bending the arm to adjust angle of attack....Peter the Great didn't feel like springing for new 'adjusted' wiper arms.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd see if you could move up to the turbo. I've got 37,000 miles on my 2004 twin turbo and it not only still drives like new but continues to draw favorable comments from strangers. I'm due for a new car but can't find anything I like better for a daily driver. I live in Rochester NY so the phenomenal AWD is a big plus for me but I love the power and handling the most. The S is nice but the turbo is awesome.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

try this for wipers. just got mine yesterday from them.

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pro...ade%20Assembly

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a new Cayenne S