Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Grssypond
Prepare the 'padded' room

draw up 10mg of vitamin H

Alert the 'squad'....they may need to retrieve a former visitor

Now lets see if we can talk him in
Not a chance, I'm having too much fun on my 'extended day' pass.
Besides, someone has to liven things up a bit in here.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:17 PM
baileybonds
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ltc - initial reports back from the dealer indicate that you are 100% correct. dealer says that my low ranking failure was due to a very bad battery that just browned out without any warning whatsoever. no signs of a CAN module failure yet, but they are going to keep it overnite and test again to be certain. the car's barely 2 years old -- dont know who porsche gets to make these cayenne batteries, but to have a battery go dead like this so quicky into a car's life is a first for me and frankly pathetic. thanks to ltc and everyone for the help!
Old 11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by baileybonds
ltc - initial reports back from the dealer indicate that you are 100% correct.
Really? I guess it is true what they say: "better to be lucky than good".
Someone better tell JoAnne to update the "List"....I think I may have gone past 0.500.

no signs of a CAN module failure yet, but they are going to keep it overnite and test again to be certain.
PAG specifies to its electronics suppliers that a module can NOT be damaged by low voltage, over voltage, reverse voltage, double battery jump start voltage, 60V load dump transients......in other words, there should be no H/W failure to a module.....and the S/W should reset/reconfigure on 'initial battery connection'

the car's barely 2 years old -- dont know who porsche gets to make these cayenne batteries, but to have a battery go dead like this so quicky into a car's life is a first for me and frankly pathetic.
Douglas Batteries down in NC was the last 'approved' OEM to PCNA.
However, there currently is no approved OEM battery supplier to PCNA dealers; the parts/service deparment is free to chose whomever they want to supplier batteries. IIRC, Deka is a battery that many are now using.
Unfortunately, batteries are simply prone to early failure in some cases due to construction defects and/or electrochemical defects.

If you want a bulletproof battery, you could consider an Optima (spiral wound) battery. They come in various colors (capacities) and have been mentioned in just about every rennlist forum.

Glad to hear they didn't have to put your Cayenne down........
Old 11-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ltc: Looks like the pups miss their S.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:53 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Raptor
ltc: Looks like the pups miss their S.
Not quite, as I don't think you could fit a Saint Bernard into the back of a Cayenne.
The pups are transported in my bride's Ford Excursion diesel.
She hated the Cayenne and really didn't want to drive it unless she had to.

The pups (not all were in this picture) primary job is to fling drool all over the garage (bet you didn't know that St Bernards actually drool WHILE they drink) and all over my cars, car covers, the car covers covering the car covers .....yes, it's a good thing I love my bride.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:09 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr. Ferdinand Porsche designed tanks for the Germans in WWII. We must remember that he really didn't like Americans. His spirit sometimes visits some garages and maybe he came to yours.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:57 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
Dr. Ferdinand Porsche designed tanks for the Germans in WWII. We must remember that he really didn't like Americans. His spirit sometimes visits some garages and maybe he came to yours.
QUOTE Dr. Porsche's spirit: "Bendz over der fraline Americanz Porsche ownerz.. day are allz zee girlie men.. long live zee Motherland.. may zee batteriez zat are in zee Americanz Porsches be crap. Danke."

Quick Reply: Major Failure