Attaching Thule Box

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 11:50 PM
seattle_sun
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Attaching Thule Box

Hi,

I have a Cayanne Titanium on order. On my current SUV, I attach Thule cross bars to the roof rails and then attach the box.

I noticed that the Cayanne has a "roof transport system". Does anyone know wether the Thule quick release latches will attach around these bars? Also, are these a pain to take on and off?

Thanks for your help
Old 11-10-2006, 11:06 AM
glpellegrino
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a titanium edition with the roof transport system. The cross bars are very easy to put on and take off in just a few minutes. Porsche did a great job designing the roof rack system.

I don't know Thule boxes since mine is a Yakima. However, the transport system cross bars have an inverted "T" slot along the top of the bar...it looks like a black stripe in photos because that is a rubber strip inserted in case you don't need it. My understanding is some Thule accessories can mount into this T-slot. So it looks like you can use a clamp that goes around the cross bar entirely or use bolts that go into the T and poke upwards into the box. I am going to convert my Yakima if I ever need to use it on the Cayenne.

Quick Reply: Attaching Thule Box