Hi Guys and Gals! We are back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
It's OK to be naked.....no one here notices or says anything....

Open trailer with incandescents = no "!" .....where's the fun in that?
Call me Crazy, but the thought of $100 bills flying out of my pocket two days after my warranty expires is not a pretty sight! It would only serve to increase my better half's frustration with cars in general (every time something breaks on her cars, she swears it's possessed!).

And add to it, me running around naked is a visual most can do without!
Old 11-03-2006, 10:22 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
It's OK to be naked.....no one here notices or says anything....

Really??? I guess I won't post any pics then

Thanks Guys. I'm glad to be back and glad that we have a 4 year 50 warranty on the Cayenne S. We had a 5 year warranty on the last GMC truck, and we used it Immediately..... In Amarillo Texas..... 10 hours from home..... on our very first outing!!! A dog is a dog no matter who manufactures it.

Jo
Old 11-03-2006, 07:59 PM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What options do you have on the car?
Old 11-03-2006, 08:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
And add to it, me running around naked is a visual most can do without!
Easily fixed, just order an XL Cayenne forum T-shirt from MadFox. Problem solved.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:27 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Easily fixed, just order an XL Cayenne forum T-shirt from MadFox. Problem solved.
There's a mental picture I could do without! Naked Toby that is... now some of our female forum regulars... go NAKED.. and you'll never go back to.......... warrantied!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:19 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racer_65
What options do you have on the car?
i do believe the tit -s has 'em all. aside from the pana roof window option.

beautiful new pepper jo anne! i love the red! so fresh!

btw: i can't even imagine you & robert in anything close to a tahoe! ... you guys bleed porsche!
Old 11-06-2006, 11:06 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We had a Jimmy and Tahoe and three Sierra trucks during our crazy "pulling an enclosed auto trailer across the country to the Concours" days. THANK GOODNESS we aren't going to be doing that anymore.

The Titanium Edition comes with almost everything except for the air suspension (I really wanted that but....), 20" wheels, wood in the interior and the panoramic roof (which I didn't want anyway).

Our Cayenne S has:
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Sunroof
Navigation with Bose Surround Sound
XM Radio
Bi Color Leather Seats (See below)
4 Tail pipes (they are cool looking)
19" Titanium Edition Wheels
Exterior Titanium paint finish package
Alumium colored instrument package
all the floor mats
door guards with the Titanium S logo (already being replaced under warranty since the were badly scratched and dented somewhere before we took delivery)
Drivers memory seat
light comfort package / memory (whatever the heck that is)
Trailer Hitch
roll upo suncreens
front heated seats
heated steering wheel
titanium roof railing

I have one question for y'all... anyone else think that the upolstery isn't 100% up to snuff? I noticed right away that it was wrinkled down in the seat part (drivers and passengers side) and on one bolster (passenger side). The passenger seat had never even been sat in yet! I can see us replacing this pretty darn quickly as I'm really picky about my seats..... After a week it looks a year old already. I think we've put 25 miles on the car since we brought it home. We are not large people so we didn't put the creases in the seats. Toby can vouch for that!!!

JoAnne
Old 11-06-2006, 11:37 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT
We had a Jimmy and Tahoe and three Sierra trucks during our crazy "pulling an enclosed auto trailer across the country to the Concours" days. THANK GOODNESS we aren't going to be doing that anymore.

The Titanium Edition comes with almost everything except for the air suspension (I really wanted that but....), 20" wheels, wood in the interior and the panoramic roof (which I didn't want anyway).

Our Cayenne S has:
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Sunroof
Navigation with Bose Surround Sound
XM Radio
Bi Color Leather Seats (See below)
4 Tail pipes (they are cool looking)
19" Titanium Edition Wheels
Exterior Titanium paint finish package
Alumium colored instrument package
all the floor mats
door guards with the Titanium S logo (already being replaced under warranty since the were badly scratched and dented somewhere before we took delivery)
Drivers memory seat
light comfort package / memory (whatever the heck that is)
Trailer Hitch
roll upo suncreens
front heated seats
heated steering wheel
titanium roof railing

I have one question for y'all... anyone else think that the upolstery isn't 100% up to snuff? I noticed right away that it was wrinkled down in the seat part (drivers and passengers side) and on one bolster (passenger side). The passenger seat had never even been sat in yet! I can see us replacing this pretty darn quickly as I'm really picky about my seats..... After a week it looks a year old already. I think we've put 25 miles on the car since we brought it home. We are not large people so we didn't put the creases in the seats. Toby can vouch for that!!!

JoAnne

That is strange about the seats. I have noticed the exact opposite--my seats in the CS wear like iron. Not a crease in them yet and 17,000+ miles on the clock. They wear better than the seats in my 997S. The soft leather look seats start to look more worn more quickly in my opinion--but you do not seem to have that option, though.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RJT
I have one question for y'all... anyone else think that the upolstery isn't 100% up to snuff? I noticed right away that it was wrinkled down in the seat part (drivers and passengers side) and on one bolster (passenger side). The passenger seat had never even been sat in yet! I can see us replacing this pretty darn quickly as I'm really picky about my seats..... After a week it looks a year old already. I think we've put 25 miles on the car since we brought it home. We are not large people so we didn't put the creases in the seats. Toby can vouch for that!!! JoAnne
JoAnne... now if you asked me about key fobs, NAV, ignition coils, a/c solonoids, cardan shafts, blah blah blah, I'd say "not up to snuff" - but I had 3.5 years and 72K miles on leather in my beta C-S.. and lots of in/out to sporting events.. bags thrown in the front.. shoes tied on the seat (I yelled a lot about that and it is "verboden" in the new one) and the seats looked like new.. you've got a very rare problem and it may be they need some leather treatment..

Last edited by MadFox; 11-06-2006 at 03:39 PM. Reason: clean it up on second thought
Old 11-06-2006, 02:39 PM
24FPS
Drifting

i'm w/ statman & madfox on the seat topic. but our interior is all havana leather & not two tone... very easy to care for & cleans up nicely w/ a very occasional wipe on & off w/ lexol.

i could see darker colors showing more dust etc... but jo anne there should be zero folds or blemishes in the grain that stand out like you explain.

(care to post a pic?) i can/will post some of mine if you like?

if there is a fold or imperfection in the leather... those should be corrected by new pieces replacing them.

jus my 2¢.

Last edited by 24FPS; 11-06-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: misspelled name
Old 11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll take some pictures and get back to you. Thanx
Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here's the picture of our seat. Mind you the passenger seat has MAYBE 5 butt miles on it. The Drivers seat has 350+ miles on it. We are both think folks so it's nto a weight issue and we've only had the car since TUESDAY of last week....

Drivers side:

Pass. side:

JoAnne
Old 11-07-2006, 01:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Creases in our '05 CS with close to 30k miles look only slightly more pronounced, so I think you should have your dealer do something about it.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:07 PM
24FPS
Drifting

jo anne ~

yep. imho it should look (@ least) closer to the inner pads esp. @ the seat-time you mention. wonder if alot of peeps sat in the pepper @ a show etc. ?...

maybe you can look @ a few c-tit-s @ the dealer & they could swap?

also, this may visually be more highlighted too b/c of the black inserts. two very contrasty colors.

the close-up of your driver seat almost looks a bit transparent on the gray dye as well... errrr....

bol findin' a fix... fwiw: porsche has been good about changing stuff out under warranty... sure you know all that sctüff.....................
Old 11-07-2006, 02:31 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Robert spoke to the dealer. He said they shouldn't look that bad already... I mean even the passenger seat?? Maybe if we wer obese??? Not even then...

Looks like a road trip for us since the dealers are all at least 5 hours away...

J

SP: I am spinning this part of the thread off on it's own. I want to see if anyone else has/ had this problem.

Quick Reply: Hi Guys and Gals! We are back!!!