Sponsored by:

SPARKS FLEW

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:46 AM
newyorkjs3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPARKS FLEW

I was driving my '06 Cayenne V6 yesterday and i dropped a Dime into the cigarette lighter in the front of the console next to the ash tray. The instant that the dime got lodged into the cigarette lighter it started sparking!!!! IT sparked for like 10 seconds and then stopped. After i was able to get the dime out of the hole, i noticed that the cigarette lighter didnt work anymore. ANY CHANCE that i just blew the fuse?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:08 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I tried to recharge a cell phone. Originally it worked and started to charge. Turned off the car and when I restarted the vehicle the cell phone would not charge. Can't get the cigarette lighter to work now either. Assume it is the fuse thing. Is this a do it yourself repair?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:51 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
I tried to recharge a cell phone. Originally it worked and started to charge. Turned off the car and when I restarted the vehicle the cell phone would not charge. Can't get the cigarette lighter to work now either. Assume it is the fuse thing. Is this a do it yourself repair?
Yes! Open driver side door.. remove cover on left end of the dash.. reveals the fuse box.. if not working then your fuse should be blown.. there are some spares there.. voila' send me a check for the $100 in PAG labor! We'll add it to the t-shirt fund! HA!
Old 10-12-2006, 03:49 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Oft topic I know but FWIW, I like to plug my phone charger in the rear seat lighter so that the front console stays closed and is neat. With the rear seat plug, the cord has a shorter reach and I can just put the phone in the upper armrest console out of the way.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Yes! Open driver side door.. remove cover on left end of the dash.. reveals the fuse box.. if not working then your fuse should be blown.. there are some spares there.. voila' send me a check for the $100 in PAG labor! We'll add it to the t-shirt fund! HA!
I think my dealer would charge me more. As long as I don't shock myself I am in for the t-shirt.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:56 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
I think my dealer would charge me more. As long as I don't shock myself I am in for the t-shirt.
Larry, are we going to do the T-shirt? And you're right.. I bet it takes 2 hours for a tech to do a fuse!

Quick Reply: SPARKS FLEW