Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Punched my Cayenne card for a second time. 2006 Titanium S in Metallic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:34 AM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations ! Very happy for you and your decision to stay with the Cayenne.
A truely remarkable vehicle. All the best.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:35 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

how much did they charge for that warranty ?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:50 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a great looking truck. Enjoy it.
Old 10-08-2006, 02:17 PM
426H
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, the truck looks very nice. Really like the sport exhaust tips, wish I had ordered that on mine.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:25 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the daylight pictures. I was surprised at how different the color looks depending on the angle and the amount of sunlight.

Welcome to the deep south. The Birmingham skyline is the background in 3 pictures and Shades Mountain is the last one with full sunlight. Pics were taken at "The Club" (yes, that's the name!) which is on Red Mountain overlooking the city below. City is about 600' and the Cayenne is at 1025'. I've really decided that I like the color. During the day it is almost cobalt blue and at dusk/evening it gets darker looking -- making it look like the typical black luxury car. Notice the different look of the paint depending on the angle with the sun. All pics were taken with a Nikon D100 using a Quantaray UV Filter. NO TOUCHUP.. what you see is what it looked like! The downtown buildings are height limited due to the close proximity of the airport (see plane in one picture). The buildings are 30-33 stories tall so we're still 100' feet higher on the mountain. Despite what many people think, Alabama is green and hilly (mountainous might be a stretch). Beautiful Sunday with temps in the 70's and warm sunshine. The car did great driving a few twisties along the roads to these overlooks. Thanks for all the kind words. Enjoy the pics!
Attached Images     
Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

Madfox, beautiful Cayenne, I am going to run out of warranty next April and am on the list for one of the 08 Turbo's, I have enjoyed driving the Cayenne in all kinds of weather and as a daily driver. Notwithstanding many of the negative comments posted on this site, I think this is one of the best vehicles I have owned. Congratulations on your new one.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:12 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cay-ute
Madfox, beautiful Cayenne, I am going to run out of warranty next April and am on the list for one of the 08 Turbo's, I have enjoyed driving the Cayenne in all kinds of weather and as a daily driver. Notwithstanding many of the negative comments posted on this site, I think this is one of the best vehicles I have owned. Congratulations on your new one.
Hey, I "be" one of the "negative" commenters from time to time.. yet I still bought a new one. To me, it is obvious that Porsche really stubbed their freakin' toe on the Cayenne introduction. You, having a 2003 model, may have experienced some of the really dumb on PAG's part service issues with key fobs, rear hatch, windshield wipers.. I have a 2006 and there are some significant improvements to reduce those glitches.. for example, the key fob now has open and close buttons as opposed to one.. I can't tell you how often even after 3 plus years, I'd hit the button and have to wait 10 seconds after not getting it to switch over to the open/close. Also the fuel door is now just part of the lock/unlock vs. a button on the driver door.. again, they learned and incorporated large manf. "ideas" into the Cayenne and apparently into the Cayman because FINALLY they listened to the customer feedback (sorry LTC, I can't see them doing the changes without feedback!!). The result was a JDPower putting them ahead of Lexus on the first 90 days of ownership. So far, I have noticed better shifting, better A/C strength, and host of other minor things. I think this will be a great ride for many years to come and most importantly, I have not found one single "issue" and that is really amazing because as you would guess, I know the vehicle inside and out so any little glitch would be immediately noticeable. Cheers!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:28 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That color is beautiful! How I'd want to have a CTT in that color with sand/beige interior ... aaaah.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's really great to get the perspective of someone who has owned one of the early cars, and now owns a new one. Your experiences serves as validation that Porsche has been making improvements to the vehicle even though the different model years look identical.

I'm also a big fan of this color. I often wonder why Porsche makes so few of these. Many dealers' lots do not even have any in this color.

P.S. If one day the Cayenne becomes a 'classic', you may regret trading in the often sought after early model cars!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:14 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by racer_65
I think it's really great to get the perspective of someone who has owned one of the early cars, and now owns a new one. Your experiences serves as validation that Porsche has been making improvements to the vehicle even though the different model years look identical.
Thanks. I have been driving a lot the past 3 days and I have to say the smile is back on my face in my Cayenne. No issues, the transmission shift points are smoother/tighter. The handling seems to be improved but that could just be the newer suspension, tires etc. vs. 72K miles on my old frame, etc. To me, the look is different with this titanium edition. The undercarriage and lower side parts are the same color as the body vs. black on old. Subtle as it is the door handles and the rear view mirrors have the body color in them also. Also, I had no rack on top on my old one because I didn't like nor needed to use the original roof racks (got a credit for not taking them originally).. now on the titanium the better looking long ways racks are on.. and I actually like it okay, thought I might want to take them off. so it does make the car look new/different to me?! HA! As far as new vs. old perspective.. I still intend to be brutal when the vehicle deserves the KITA. But so far, I'm stunned at how well everything is.. I have ZERO defects in 120 miles and 3 days.. and again, I would notice them pretty quickly since it is "repeat".. JDPower is going to be very improved if it holds to this.
I'm also a big fan of this color. I often wonder why Porsche makes so few of these. Many dealers' lots do not even have any in this color. P.S. If one day the Cayenne becomes a 'classic', you may regret trading in the often sought after early model cars!
I got another Cayenne because it is still a car that I don't see every 1/4 mile.. and I do love the color now even more than ever... today leaving work the car was in the shade and it is deep midnight blue almost a navy black.. but at lunch when I went out it was stunning in that it looked cobalt blue the metallic finish and the direct sun really make it a beautiful color.

Now, about your PS... I just don't think the Cayenne will ever be a "classic" .. there are just too darn many of them being produced.. and if I had a museum to put it in, I guess I could see... but I really felt the car was about to cost me a lot of money in tires, oil, water pump, a/c solonoid again.. risk vs. reward.. meant reward myself with another!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:55 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your new acquisition! After being on this forum for over a year, and now seeing the original naked owner (sorry, ltc, Madfox gets the honor for sticking with it longer...) moving back to a warranteed vehicle, I am plotting my course for replacement in late 2008 just before the warranty expires on my '06.

BTW, sweeeeet color combo on the Tit.S (yeah, that is fun to say ;-)
Old 10-10-2006, 02:19 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wondering what made you decide to go for a TE '06 instead of the '08 facelift that's right around the corner? Is it because you prefer the current styling, or because you don't want to play guinea pig for a new model again?
Old 10-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Stone43
Racer

Madfox,

Nice vehicle. I just saw a new black Cayenne in my parking lot at work, the exhaust tips caught my eye (I love those things). Upon closer review, I discovered it was one of the Titanium editions (I did not know what those were until very recently, as I have been travelling and focused on other things) and the things that caught my eye were the two-tone seats, the extra plastic along the sides and of course the exhaust tips. I have a few issues with the current CS, so I have to go to the dealer later today. I will be sure to check out more versions of this model.

And my personal opinion is that the 08 "facelift" is hideous. I love change. But that one will take a while to grow on me, at least from the photos I have seen. Great model, great color you chose.

Finally, shall I assume you are a current (or former) P-3 driver?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:24 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Budget M3
now seeing the original naked owner (sorry, ltc, Madfox gets the honor for sticking with it longer...) moving back to a warranteed vehicle,
Just remember that it wasn't by choice.. Dang Hawaiian liquidators and Colorado bankruptcy lawyers ---- death unto them..
I am plotting my course for replacement in late 2008 just before the warranty expires on my '06.
Go for it!
BTW, sweeeeet color combo on the Tit.S (yeah, that is fun to say ;-)
Tit.S Tit.S Tit.S Tit.S I love Tit.S Always have.. think I always will!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:26 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Just wondering what made you decide to go for a TE '06 instead of the '08 facelift that's right around the corner? Is it because you prefer the current styling, or because you don't want to play guinea pig for a new model again?
Yes times two. Never mind great price $$$

Quick Reply: Punched my Cayenne card for a second time. 2006 Titanium S in Metallic Blue