Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Cayenne a heap of ****?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Phil S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned a 2005 Turbo for 7 months and I love it. No trips to the dealer yet. Not one single problem.

I have owned 911's for years and enjoy every moment driving them. Used to be when the trip required the SUV (Fords) it was just driving, not driving with enjoyment. Now that our SUV is the Cayenne it is another vehicle in which I look forward to/enjoy the drive.

Now I really like driving every car in our garage (including my wife's SL).

Phil
Old 10-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'06 CV6 here...except for one VERY annoying replacement of the transmission control module (which failed ~200 miles from nowhere), I've been very pleased with my Pepper. I am, however, always waiting for something else to go wrong...

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Oh, and helps you get lots of poontang too! j/k :-D
The enigma continues...
Old 10-06-2006, 04:35 PM
droptop
Pro

Default i would respectfully submit....

the folks who don't have more than 20k miles on their cayenne have no idea if it is a good vehicle or not. it may be a vehicle they like driving, but they have no data on the reliability, just on the initial build quality. at 35k i started picking up problems faster than they could solve them, since 45k i am having a new problem on almost every start up.

always like to give folks something to look forward to.

DT
Old 10-06-2006, 05:16 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Budget M3
The enigma continues...
Enigma of what, continues? Of poontang? Then contact your dealer to make sure that poontang was complimentary with your heap of, err, cayenne :-D
Old 10-07-2006, 07:18 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Puts every SUV I have ever owned to shame. Hummers, Mercedes, BMW, Land Rovers. This "truck" wants to be driven fast and will turn around and do the off road thing rather well.

Someday the dealership will call me and have the right parts to put the phone in. I keep hoping.........
Old 10-07-2006, 09:08 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

The short answer from me is "no". I traded today for a new 2006 Titanium S in the metallic blue WITH PASM.. wow what a difference on the drive home over my known bounce your butt places. I had 72,000 miles on my April 03 build (2004 USA Model). Drove assorted BMW, Land Rover, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes in past week. Yuck. Yes, I had a beta model and too many problems but my dealer was the "difference"... simply put I wasn't willing to risk a new dealer with a vehicle that I just didn't like nearly as well as the Cayenne. Didn't move up to Turbo as I really want to add a 997 cab. down the line and couldn't justify the extra $$$. I can honestly say this vehicle feels better to drive.. it also has a slightly different sound with the quad exhaust. See new thread with the "required pics".
Old 10-08-2006, 05:03 AM
cayennelover
2nd Gear

All I can say is I have an S for about 2 yrs and the car is amazing
Old 10-08-2006, 10:16 AM
JGriff
Racer

Originally Posted by LVDell
Echo the same comments above. Stay away from 03 and 04 and you will be fine. I have an 05 that kicks @ss. The 05/06 models are pretty damn good!
Ditto... I have an '05 with about 16k miles on it, and it has been awesome. The only time it has been back to the dealer was for its 10k mile scheduled oil change.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:55 AM
JW3
Racer

I haven't written on the forum for quite sometime because of work and the fact that I am out enjoying my 2006 CTT when not at work. After almost 7 months, I can honestly say this is undoubtedly the finest automobile I have ever owned. My CTT has about 15,250 miles on the odometer and I must say she is flawless, just beautiful and one hell of an automobile. I must tell the truth in that sometimes just before I go to bed or when I get up in the morning, I go to the garage, open the door, look at my CTT and just smile knowing I have one finest pieces of machinery that ever graced the two-lane blacktop (Matt you were aboslutely correct). I will post some photos soon - been having too much fun on the roads between Germany, Austria, Italy and France. For those thinking about a Cayenne or not, think no more and rest assured, there is NO SUBSITUTE!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW3
I haven't written on the forum for quite sometime because of work and the fact that I am out enjoying my 2006 CTT when not at work. After almost 7 months, I can honestly say this is undoubtedly the finest automobile I have ever owned. My CTT has about 15,250 miles on the odometer and I must say she is flawless, just beautiful and one hell of an automobile. I must tell the truth in that sometimes just before I go to bed or when I get up in the morning, I go to the garage, open the door, look at my CTT and just smile knowing I have one finest pieces of machinery that ever graced the two-lane blacktop (Matt you were aboslutely correct). I will post some photos soon - been having too much fun on the roads between Germany, Austria, Italy and France. For those thinking about a Cayenne or not, think no more and rest assured, there is NO SUBSITUTE!
Agreed. If you get an '05 or later.. and, while the CTT gives Johnnie a "morning rise in his Levi's" (ha ha).. I assure you that a S is nearly as much fun.. but hey if I was in Germany I'd probably want to 15-20 extra mph on the autobahn. If you get a Tit.S it has most of the options that you'd want to be close to a Turbo. And obviously if price is a factor the S is still quite a bit cheaper. I opted for a S because I just don't have the ability to use all the Turbo power or speed no the inclination either here in the USA. Come on in the Cayenne water is warm and the official kool-aid is purplesaurus rex.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:53 PM
droptop
Pro

Default well....

mine's an 05<G>

DT
Old 10-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Pfil
AutoX

Originally Posted by Zin
I have an 04S and have had relatively no problems. I bought it with 15K on the clock and found that the original owner had taken care of all the TSB's and other junk that you may have read about. So far so good with no complaints. I love driving the damn thing....
I cannot stop laughing at your avatar. Happen to have the full size of it handy?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:09 PM
JW3
Racer

Originally Posted by MadFox
Agreed. If you get an '05 or later.. and, while the CTT gives Johnnie a "morning rise in his Levi's" (ha ha).. I assure you that a S is nearly as much fun.. but hey if I was in Germany I'd probably want to 15-20 extra mph on the autobahn. If you get a Tit.S it has most of the options that you'd want to be close to a Turbo. And obviously if price is a factor the S is still quite a bit cheaper. I opted for a S because I just don't have the ability to use all the Turbo power or speed no the inclination either here in the USA. Come on in the Cayenne water is warm and the official kool-aid is purplesaurus rex.
Oh what a rise it is ! MadFox, I must say your comment and perspective on the CS is right on the money. I had the pleasure of driving a CTT and a CS on the track in Leipzig. After I drove the CTT I was given a chance to drive the CS I must say, I throughly convinced if it was in the garage it would cause the Levi's to act just as crazy. When I slammed that CS into the Laguns Seca Corkscrew, the Bus Stop Chicane (very tight), the Suntory Corner, the Mobil 1 S, and Curve di Lesmo I realized that the Cayenne,in any variant, is one wonderful machine. You are 100 percent correct in that a CS is more than enough for most of us on this earth - even in Germany (the autobahn ain't all it's cracked up to be these days). The true enjoyment of this vehicle is not necessarily from speed as much as it is just sitting on the fine leather seats and crusing around in one of the finest automobiles available to mortals today, tomorrow and the next day. Enjoy !
Old 10-09-2006, 05:42 PM
prm1177
Intermediate

Default Cayenne Reliability

I have an 06 V6 that will be a year old on Nov 1. I have 21k on the car and, other than a CD changer swap out, I have had 0 problems at this time. I've owned 4 BMWs (X5 included), a SAAB, an Alfa GTV 6, Volvos; you name it. The driving and ownership experience of the Cayenne has me sold on these vehicles. I get 19.8 MPG on average and my 36 mi commute (each way) is a pleasure.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:42 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Johnnie - still want pictures of yours! I'm in withdrawal as mine now sits in a showroom in K-Town waiting to be sold I'm always looking to see you leaving at the end of the day as my day is beginning.

Quick Reply: Is the Cayenne a heap of ****?