Sponsored by:

Post your repair / warranty list here

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by yetis
Well, I am getting a new drive shaft. No comments, as usual, on the oil consumption... What fun. At least my wife will be happy. They always reflash the ECU in my experience and it is always so much fun to drive, after a good flash!
Had the rough idle on mine and complained about it for 2 years under warranty. I kept telling them it's the ignition coils. The Cayenne always felt like the engine was lugging when you pressed the throttle lightly on the highway when it was in a higher gear and the speed was slow. They finally fixed the coils when the warranty had run out and they were badly cracked. A few weeks later I drove it down the hwy and I got the same lugging problem but it totally totally more distinguished lugging and will do it in any gear as soon as you got on the gas.
Ended up going in the shop again and found it was the drive shaft. Again paid this out of pocket.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default A few minor issues resolved

Back in May I took the Pepper in for a few minor issues, they had to order parts as I knew they would.

1) The trip odometer would not reset, needed to order/replace instrument cluster
2) One rear seat belt clamshell needed replacing
3) Rough idle on cold start (dealer found coil codes, replaced faulty coils (8) w/ .05 coils

However job 1 did not go smoothly, apparently some of the instrument clusters can't be reset from Km to Miles and they don't find out about this until the tech gets it installed in the car and tries to program it with the mileage the vehicle came in with. Apparently they spent a great deal of time working with PCNA Tech Support trying to get it resolved. It could not be resolved and they gave me back the Pepper with the odometer reading in Km (speedo still read Miles) while they ordered a new instrument cluster.

Apparently they had another one do the same thing about 2 weeks later, this time they knew what the problem was and didn't have to spend so much time diagnosing it.

The 2nd inst. cluster worked fine, the dealer was great through the issue, I almost felt guilty making them go through this for a odometer reset issue.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts

Glad they took care of it for you.

Did you get the BMW top repaired yet?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Glad they took care of it for you.

Did you get the BMW top repaired yet?
As you most likely saw from the other post the first replacement top was scratched but it was on the car and is functioning. BMW is doing a buyback of the car and we have ordered a new '09 Conv. (which will be leased). The dealership is a Sonic dealership and wanted to play hardball with the $$ on the buyback and I was about 30 min. from firing off a letter to BMWNA over the issue when we came to an agreement (I think). Until the deal is finalized, the new car keys are in my wife's hands I'm not going to say or do anything to praise/slam the dealer or BMW. It has not gone as smoothly as I would have liked but at least we don't have to deal with loaner cars anymore and my wife has her old convertible to use. We shall see how the rest of this works out.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 08-22-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Default Transmission Valve Body replace at 42.6k

Just got the Pepper back from the dealer after they replaced the Transmission (internal) Valve Body. Symptom was, after it sat for a couple of days, when I next started the Pepper and put it in gear (any gear (A/T)) it wouldn't move for a good 15 - 20 sec. Not a major problem but very annoying and shouldn't be happening on a $60k + vehicle, plus I never knew when it would decide to start moving.

First left it at the dealer for a few days so they could recreate the problem (they did) then they had to correspond with PCNA as to what PCNA wanted to do about it. Dealer suspected the Trans. Valve Body but couldn't replace w/out PCNA approval, of course PCNA wanted to try taking a shortcut to resolving the problem and said to overfill the tranny w/ 1 add'l litr of tranny fluid and see if that would fix it and give it back to me. Well naturally it didn't, first time it sat for a couple of days it did the same thing when I started it again (go figure!).

So next they needed me to drop it off and leave overnight to take some readings first thing in the AM when cold, which I did. Then the dealer waited for PCNA's response. This time PCNA said to replace the valve (yea!). Seems to work fine now.

They also replaced the rear lid shocks (goes up MUCH better now).

The dealer has been great, I have nothing but praise for the dealer's service dept., it's hard trying to satisfy the customer w/ one hand tied behind your back, but they've done very well by me every time I've taken the Pepper into them for anything. (I do my own basic maint. though because I don't care for 0w40 oils (use 5w40 from Porsche's Approved Oil List, don't ask))

At least this last time I got a '09 (?) Pepper loaner w/ Touch Screen to drive for a few days (not exactly thrilled w/ it BTW). At least w/ this radio it shows what station freq. you're listening to but there are other drawbacks.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:47 PM
aminewyork
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

2009 GTS - Just picked it up 3 weeks ago. 500 miles on the odo.

Had chassis failure error last week - twice. New air suspension module put in at dealer yesterday.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:55 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunroof shade piece intermittently rattled since bought new. Would write-up each time in for regular maintenance. At 37K had second oil change, finally tech heard rattle. replace Sunroof mechanism which requires r and r headliner.. still rattles.

common with anyone else? not a always does it thing... if I open shade about 2" it won't rattle or if open all the way.. but generally I like the shade closed during day if sunny. suggestions?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:57 PM
immacul8cs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

79600 kms on 05 cs and the engine is gone---dealer will replace---dealer pushing for sealed unit but porsche suggesting rebuild----
Old 01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

wow you just dodged the big one !! congrats
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by immacul8cs
79600 kms on 05 cs and the engine is gone---dealer will replace---dealer pushing for sealed unit but Porsche suggesting rebuild----
My I ask what killed the engine? What were your symptoms?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
426H
Advanced

Just had the first issue with my early 05 Cayenne S after 4.5 trouble free years and 40K miles. Coils needs to be replaced and also something with the fuel tank ventilation.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
kgrecian
6th Gear

My '04 S has 79,850 miles and just this morning the Carden shaft went out (aka..violent shaking). I took it to the dealer and told them what it was they agreed. While there the coils are being replaced for the second time and both horns (neither work).

Fortunately it is a CPO and all covered!!

Has anyone else had to have their "coolant pipes" replaced on the block. I had that done about a year ago.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by kgrecian
My '04 S has 79,850 miles and just this morning the Carden shaft went out (aka..violent shaking). I took it to the dealer and told them what it was they agreed. While there the coils are being replaced for the second time and both horns (neither work).

Fortunately it is a CPO and all covered!!

Has anyone else had to have their "coolant pipes" replaced on the block. I had that done about a year ago.
A couple of threads on that, are you in a "hot climate" area of the country?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
kgrecian
6th Gear

Southern California. It only showed up as an issue when going to the snow I would get the Check Coolant message. Mentioned it to the dealer and they fixed it.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
stealthn
Advanced

Had a nice coolant leak while driving to work, took it to the dealer and got the water pump replaced under warranty. Also reset the park distance sensors that went "red" during ice this winter.
2005 Turbo 79000 Km.

Quick Reply: Post your repair / warranty list here