Post your repair / warranty list here

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
reubstarr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
'05 CS ('04 built) purchased on 11/2005:

Clunk first reported on 4/29/06 with 13k miles on the car. Diagnosed & fixed 7k miles later, and after numerous visits to various dealers, by replacing transfer box control unit.

Lumbar support in driver's seat failed at 25k miles. Fixed only to later fail again the following day. Fixed as of last week and working so far :-D

DME Control Module replaced, stop light switch replaced at 25k miles.

Currently waiting to take care of knocking that has appeared 3 times so far after starting the car & while in park, originating from front of the engine.

Stay tuned ....
What wheels do you have on the Cayenne?
Old 06-30-2008, 03:50 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Front Air Suspension

My car got the "Air Susp Fail" error, after a few off / on start ups the suspension came back on. A week later however I got the same error, this time the front of the car was down to load level while the rear was up.

In the time period prior to the failure I heard some knocking from the front so I even stopped on the freeway to have a look underneath. Everything looked OK.

Now I hear from the dealer that the drivers side airspring literally blew. The extended warranty specifically excludes the spring itself (no suprise there) and the parts are in Germany so off the road for a while.

Estimated cost is $1800 (so far)

before you start ..... SHUSH
Old 06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,935 Likes on 1,170 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
My car got the "Air Susp Fail" error, after a few off / on start ups the suspension came back on. A week later however I got the same error, this time the front of the car was down to load level while the rear was up.

In the time period prior to the failure I heard some knocking from the front so I even stopped on the freeway to have a look underneath. Everything looked OK.

Now I hear from the dealer that the drivers side airspring literally blew. The extended warranty specifically excludes the spring itself (no suprise there) and the parts are in Germany so off the road for a while.

That sucks.

What extended warranty do you have? I am about to drop $4500 on one and if this is what you get i might as well trade mine in for a CPO'd 06TTS
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I got the same message two weeks ago as I was coming home. Checked all tire pressures thinking I may have a flat. All good. That evening I started the car back up and no warning. All good since.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:58 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Mercury, supposed to be one of the good ones.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:02 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I remember having that error about 2 months into the car and I know others have had the same spurious errors put down to electronic glitches by the dealers over the years, so when i got it I did not take it seriously. Its a bit like the system "Cry Wolf" mode.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Vino
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got an airbag light on our 04 Turbo with no warranty, has 15k on the clock.

Dealer calls and tells me a new airbag is on order and won't be fixed until Thursday

The good news, Porsche is picking up the tab as "good will" to have it repaired

Amazing!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:22 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My "flawless" 06 Cay Tit.S finally had a warranty issue at 29K miles. The horn went effeminate. Replaced under warranty so that I now have the standard issue tone again!

Only other issue is post installation of mObridge, I get the infamous "PHC unavailable" alert on main instrument cluster from time to time for no apparent reason and from no particular situation. It will sometimes error code at start-up (rare) but mostly just sometime during a drive (irrelevant if mobridge is on/off) it appears (once a week or two). Droptop could get no rational explanation or resolution to his -- oh and yes, makes no sense as Tit.S' are Tips! (wow, that sounds weird)! Next oil change I'm going to mention it so that they can tell me that mobridge is creating it again.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:17 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

05’ CTT is going in tomorrow afternoon for rough idle (yes, we all know what that is). I am more concerned about a very distinct thud I now get when one change from forward/reverse/park. Then there is a vibrating sound/feeling I get at 20-30 MPH, but I cannot figure out if it’s the elimination of the secondary cats (full bore Cargraphic exhaust) or something more sinister. I thought it was me and I always used ask the wife, “you hear that”, well this weekend, she heard it, so now it’s a problem. Finally, the oldie but goody, oil consumption. I think I have now surpassed the ever falling "acceptable consumption level", and seem to leave a larger plume of black smoke then usual, when I give it a WOT. By my rough gauge, I am below 500 miles a quart. Oh, I forgot, had another old problem pop up this weekend, the PCM has decided to start shutting down again, all on its own. This one is really of little consequence to me.

57k miles, with a CPO and a dealer that has been good to me. So we will see. I have also been good to them.... so as I said, we will see.

Despite the sarcasm, I like car. It does what I want it to and had never left me stranded. Will hold onto it until a couple months before the CPO runs out and decide if I want to jump back on board. Hopefully by then, the new ones will be out and the updates 08’s will be see their values dropping like rocks.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

That sucks about the oil consumption. My wife just dropped off our 04 CTT for final inspection. No issues but the car needs to be checked out before we transfer to the extended warranty since they don't cover as much as the original warranty. I had just realized it needed an oil change and has been 9k miles since the last one and noticed we had not needed to add a single quart of oil since the last oil change. The 04 seems to be getting better at oil consumption instead of worse.

Good Luck with your repairs.

BTW she calls me up from the loner car to tell me she is tooling around in a new Caymen.

Originally Posted by yetis
05’ CTT is going in tomorrow afternoon for rough idle (yes, we all know what that is). I am more concerned about a very distinct thud I now get when one change from forward/reverse/park. Then there is a vibrating sound/feeling I get at 20-30 MPH, but I cannot figure out if it’s the elimination of the secondary cats (full bore Cargraphic exhaust) or something more sinister. I thought it was me and I always used ask the wife, “you hear that”, well this weekend, she heard it, so now it’s a problem. Finally, the oldie but goody, oil consumption. I think I have now surpassed the ever falling "acceptable consumption level", and seem to leave a larger plume of black smoke then usual, when I give it a WOT. By my rough gauge, I am below 500 miles a quart. Oh, I forgot, had another old problem pop up this weekend, the PCM has decided to start shutting down again, all on its own. This one is really of little consequence to me.

57k miles, with a CPO and a dealer that has been good to me. So we will see. I have also been good to them.... so as I said, we will see.

Despite the sarcasm, I like car. It does what I want it to and had never left me stranded. Will hold onto it until a couple months before the CPO runs out and decide if I want to jump back on board. Hopefully by then, the new ones will be out and the updates 08’s will be see their values dropping like rocks.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:51 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Quick update.

Drove the cayman back to the dealership last night to pick up the CTT. Nice car for a first Porsche but wouldn't trade my CTT in for one. Needed new front brakes and pads down to 10% had them do the work otherwise checked out with 0 issues. The dealership was impressed on how nice, clean and trouble free my CTT was. So next month I am naked, will see if all goes well.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Week, 3 still no parts from Germany

Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Must be an company wide deal. The dealer kept saying, well if you need that, you will need to wait, as we don't have it in stock.... US continues to slip in the global pecking order!!!!

On another note. Since I have had the CTT, without exception, every time I visit my dealer, there is a CGT getting something major replaced. The current one was getting the ENGINE REPLACED, after he destroyed it on the track. Now that is an expensive day at the track! I was surprised how small the well, simple the engine looked. Guess I was expecting something akin to a F1 car!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:36 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Well, I am getting a new drive shaft. No comments, as usual, on the oil consumption... What fun. At least my wife will be happy. They always reflash the ECU in my experience and it is always so much fun to drive, after a good flash!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

OK car back FINALLY !. Remove / replace air strut, rebuild air strut

$1500 + including time to clean out the shrapnel (their words) after it blew.

Word is that its a rare occurence somehting to do with bad metal on some struts.

My worry is that under warranty they replace both if one goes. What does that tell you.

Gotta love it

Quick Reply: Post your repair / warranty list here