Sponsored by:

Cayenne vs. Touareg Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 572 Posts

You mean headlights work on a FORD??? just kidding larry... calm down now... that's it... you'r feeling better already... you're getting sleepyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 09-07-2006, 10:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
You mean headlights work on a FORD???
Yes, it's amazing. You turn the headlight switch on and the headlights AND trailer lights come on...and are you sitting down.....they STAY ON.
The funny thing is that I still look back in the sideview mirrors (I LOVE the proper heated/telescoping mirrors) every minute to check that the lights are ON....apparently a long term 'side effect' of Cayenne towing/ownership.

Originally Posted by skl
just kidding larry... calm down now... that's it... you'r feeling better already... you're getting sleepyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
No, I'm getting sleepy yet...it's not 10PM bedcheck and lights out....I've got 20 more minutes.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:18 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
I still insist that I never actually owned a Cayenne.....it was either

A. Larry hypnotized me into thinking I did, just so he could sit back and laugh.
B. I was abduced by aliens and rather than perform tests, they put me in a Cayenne.
Now, Larry, that's a good trick.. trying to throw the X File guys off your trail... WE ALL KNOW that YOU'RE THE ALIEN.. abducted... ha ha.. that is funny.. and you did technically OWN a Cayenne.. it's just that your subconscious ALIEN mind has now blocked that memory because you couldn't come to terms with the quantum physics involved in PROPER trailer lighting.
OBVIOUSLY, you failed the course "EE for Aliens".
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
Now, Larry, that's a good trick.. trying to throw the X File guys off your trail... WE ALL KNOW that YOU'RE THE ALIEN.. abducted... ha ha.. that is funny.. and you did technically OWN a Cayenne.. it's just that your subconscious ALIEN mind has now blocked that memory because you couldn't come to terms with the quantum physics involved in PROPER trailer lighting.
OBVIOUSLY, you failed the course "EE for Aliens".
You do know that in fact Elvis is an ALIEN....and he will NOT drive a Cayenne.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
psonnier
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott C,

I was in the dealership this weekend and asked about PNA 488 910 "Service Information Technik". They were not familiar with it. Where did you come across it and do you know how I might acquire my own copy? Also, I'm trying to get copies of the Operation and Maintenance books that came with the Cayenne when new. I believe the dealer has copies floating around the shop, though they seemed somewhat reluctant to part with them, so I didn't push the issue. Nontheless, it would be nice to have a guide to the PCM.

Thanks!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Bill Coleman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forget the V10 TDI. I'd rather have this engine:
http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/...di-q7-tdi.html

500 horsepower and 738 pound-feet of torque - and 20mpg!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

However, Audi says there are no plans to bring the V-12 diesel here any time soon.

Huh, what a surprise. At least the V10 TDI is here, and very capable/well matched to the chassis/

Not quite sure why you would need/want that engine in that chassis, not sure about longterm drivetrain performance at those levels....but it's Europe. Perhaps that is VAG's solution to PAG's CTT, in terms of performance #'s.

Quick Reply: Cayenne vs. Touareg Comparison