Sponsored by:

Air Suspension occasionally 'settles'

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:23 PM
rowlands57
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension occasionally 'settles'

Once in a while when I shut the vehicle down and lock the doors the air suspension drops to the lower setting from 'normal' height. It is not all the time and usually when the vehicle is on level ground in the driveway or parking lots.

Just curious if anyone else has noted anything similar at times as this is going to be one of those 'could not reproduce' items for sure at the dealer.

Thanks to all for a great forum.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:37 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Your welcome, I think you might have actually have a DESIRABLE fault, if there could be one. I like the loading level stance and would love it to do a Citroen on me everytime I parked up.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the vehicle stock? Has anyone installed a non-OEM lowering module?
Has the dealer read out F/W and S/W versions via PIWIS; has somebody (re)programmed the Cayenne to do this?
First I've ever heard of one doing this...........better keep it to yourself, the next thing you know, everyone will want one.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:36 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I think it would be marvelous if the steed always kneeled when you shut the truck off. But someone said in the past that would over work the air compressor and we can't have that!
Old 08-24-2006, 08:32 AM
rowlands57
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Is the vehicle stock? Has anyone installed a non-OEM lowering module?
Has the dealer read out F/W and S/W versions via PIWIS; has somebody (re)programmed the Cayenne to do this?
First I've ever heard of one doing this...........better keep it to yourself, the next thing you know, everyone will want one.
Stock setup. No additions, I'll monitor this until the next service and if I can get a pattern of the condition it should help with diagnostics.

If I ever get any update one way or the other I'll post back up.

JR
Old 10-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

While having my outrageously expensive 21" tires rotated at the tire shop this summer, the tech asked me if the air suspension had to be locked before jacking. Unaware of whether or not this is necessary on the GTS, I consulted the owner's manual and lo & behold, yes, the air suspension (level control) can and should be locked when jacking up the car at any one or all four points. This also applies when using the portable car jack if replacing a flat on the side of the road.

To lock the air suspension, switch to normal height mode (center yellow LED illuminates) and then push rocker switch forward and keep there between 5 & 10 seconds. A message will illuminate telling you that the system is locked. To unlock, repeat the procedure a second time or drive off as you normally would and the system will automatically unlock.

When I jacked up my truck and removed one of my wheels to detail immediately after purchasing this past spring, the jacked up wheel started to move downwards as the compressor was cycling madly. Not a very safe feeling when your $100K truck is jacked up on one end....

Quick Reply: Air Suspension occasionally 'settles'