Sponsored by:

Where are a few enigmawmn italy pics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:34 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where are a few enigmawmn italy pics?

I'm assuming you're back state-side?
Old 08-16-2006, 11:29 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately I am back and you missed this:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...50#post3243250

Check out photos of my carmon red hotness in the "CLUNK/THUMP" thread. I'd gladly post a gazillion of photos from italy, but I'd be running a risk of being banned from the site, so you can check them out here , here, here & here.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:07 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Unfortunately I am back and you missed this:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...50#post3243250

Check out photos of my carmon red hotness in the "CLUNK/THUMP" thread. I'd gladly post a gazillion of photos from italy, but I'd be running a risk of being banned from the site, so you can check them out
No, I did see your post above.. just hadn't had a chance to post lately.. just quick look/see visits. I'll check out the pics.. but you can post a couple of the best like you made me do!!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:59 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MadFox
but you can post a couple of the best like you made me do!!
All right, you asked for it! :-D

Hotel Splendido in Portofino

Portofino

Villa d'Este

Portofino

Leaving Bellagio

Somewhere in Como

A little something for the ladies :-D

And a little something for the guys

And for dessert lovers

Milan

Breakfast at Villa d'Este

Same place

Gatto Nero in Cernobbio

Villa Balbianello where Star Wars & James Bond have been filmed

And finally, Clooney's humble abode once again, but I'm guessing this one's for the ladies as well, eh? :-D

Last edited by EnigmaWmn; 08-17-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:17 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Great pics.. you take some interesting angles/views.. hope the clunk/thump gets fixed.. I still have it every now and again.. but way past warranty so I just grin and bear it.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mad Fox and EnigmaWmn--

Just got back from Italy too (last night!)...I was in Positano and Capri...I'll post a few pix later today...

I spotted 4 Cayennes (3 CS's and one CTT over a 10 day period), including one which passed us on the AutoStrada heading North from Naples to Rome...Not sure how fast he was going, but he passed us like we weren't even moving...I snapped a pic, but he was pretty well off in the distance...Our driver got really excited when he saw the Cayenne pass us and I told him I drive a black CS. They are apparently pretty rare in Southern Italy. He also told us that most of the players on the Italian world cup soccer team drive black CS's...and they go for about 100K Euros in Italy (about $125K U.S.)... Should make us more "ordinary" folk here in the US feel lucky to be able to drive such a coveted vehicle.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:26 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

This is funny. Ok, I am leaving for Italy tommorrow, twice in two years. Did the Positano/Capri/Rome last year, doing Sicily/Rome/Florence this year, then off to a new country, though I still want a place in Rome. Last time, I saw one CTT in Rome, but also was GT2! I will try and do the board justice with some decent photos.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:58 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yetis
This is funny. Ok, I am leaving for Italy tommorrow, twice in two years. Did the Positano/Capri/Rome last year, doing Sicily/Rome/Florence this year, then off to a new country, though I still want a place in Rome. Last time, I saw one CTT in Rome, but also was GT2! I will try and do the board justice with some decent photos.
Have a great time!!...We spent Tuesday and Wed this week in Rome on the way back from the coast. Rome is my favorite city (hence my namesake on this board), but I think it is a little off in August because so many things are closed and the Romans are all on vacation.

In Florence, try Buca Lapi...It is a Tuscan steakhouse located in a basement a short walk from the Savoy.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:05 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Rome is beautiful. We celebrated 2005 new year's there. It was perfect in every aspect. Weather was sunny in low to mid 50s & there were no crowds except on 12/31 & 1/1. But Florence made a bigger impact on me overall and I can't wait to go back.

We'll be in Venice for this new year's, anyone else, by any chance? :-D
Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MadFox
Great pics.. you take some interesting angles/views.. hope the clunk/thump gets fixed.. I still have it every now and again.. but way past warranty so I just grin and bear it.
Thanks, MadFox.

So far, almost a week of thump/clunk-free driving and overall the ride quality seems to have improved. Could it be that I'm imaging it? Maybe. But I'm hoping it stays that way. Will be very disappointed, but not surprised, if it comes back.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:44 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

As promised, attached are some pics of the Cayennes I spotted.
#1. Silver CS parked right outside of the gates to Pompeii.
#2. Black CS blowing by us on the AutoStrada (you can make him out in the distance)
#3. Black CS on the street in Rome.

There was a 4th, a CTT, that I saw on the road from Positano to Amalfi. It was parked "cliffside" behind the gate to an enormous villa hanging over the sea. (Didn't get a chance to snap a picture).

The other pics are from Positano (Le Sirensue Hotel, which I highly recommend), and a couple of Capri and Ravello.
Attached Images         
Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Rome, very nice photos. Looks like Le Sirenuse, but I might be wrong, b/c I haven't been to Positano yet :-).

P.S. I'm an idiot, but it shows that I were right. I didn't see that you already mentioned Sirenuse lol
Old 08-18-2006, 12:01 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Yup...its the Sirenuse...fantastic spot...it has won Conde Nast's "best hotel in the world" a few times and now I understand why...The shot of the infinity pool is from the Caruso in Ravello...didn't stay there, just stopped in for lunch....next time around....

p.s. your pix are a very tough act to follow
Old 08-18-2006, 12:13 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

I first learned about Sirenuse a long time ago after watching "Only You". It's a romantic comedy that I probably wouldn't recommend to men, but it was shot in Italy and Sirenuse was one of the hotels.

In return I can highly recommend Villa d'Este if you're ever staying in Como. 16th century villa with impeccable service, food, grounds, pool that floats IN the lake and every imaginable celebrity possible hanging out with "mere mortals" :-D Place is so amazing that we went two years in a row and would not hesitate to go next year and then some.

I see you shoot with a PowerShot. My advantage is a DSLR, that's all ;-).
Old 08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I first learned about Sirenuse a long time ago after watching "Only You". It's a romantic comedy that I probably wouldn't recommend to men, but it was shot in Italy and Sirenuse was one of the hotels.

In return I can highly recommend Villa d'Este if you're ever staying in Como. 16th century villa with impeccable service, food, grounds, pool that floats IN the lake and every imaginable celebrity possible hanging out with "mere mortals" :-D Place is so amazing that we went two years in a row and would not hesitate to go next year and then some.

I see you shoot with a PowerShot. My advantage is a DSLR, that's all ;-).
Vd'E is definitely on our list...I have seen that movie and I don't think it really does the Sirenuse justice. It's hard to capture the feel of that place in pictures or movies, not to mention the 'over the top' level of service.

From the minute we checked in we were addressed by name by virtually ever member of the staff, who work from early morning through late evening for 9 months of the year and then take 3 months off. So, the staff members who serve you breakfast also take care of your needs at the pool, and then serve you dinner.

In a matter of hours they know who you are, which room you are staying in, how you take your coffee, what snacks you like at the pool, what newspaper to hand to you when you sit down for breakfast etc.... It's pretty ridiculous and not like any other hotel I have been to.

One example along these lines is that our waiter at dinner offered to move us to a different table because he remembered that we sat on the same side of the restaurant the night before and thought we would enjoy having a different view/perspective for the next meal... I suspect Vd'E is pretty similar.

Quick Reply: Where are a few enigmawmn italy pics?