Sponsored by:

PHC unavailable?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default interesting

i am usually pretty good with what we lovingly call "germlish" as i am a techie doing business with a german company, but either i am reading this TSB wrong, or it is self-referentially contradictory, or there were some cayenne S manuals made somewhere.

it clearly states "on vehicles with manual transmissions", and later references "clutch switch", etc.

yet it also covers the cayenne S???? and it starts out with '04?? i thought the manual V6's didn't come out until the '05 or '06 model year?

i so confused.....

DT
Old 09-20-2006, 12:16 AM
droptop
Pro

Default when we last left our hero

i had just mailed the lemon law letter with the demand for final repair attempt. porsche has managed to MISS the window for reply, so the letter demanding return of the vehicle goes out tomorrow. i feel confident that this will end with attorneys.

bloody silly company, i would have been happy to get the thing repaired. now they get it back.

DT
Old 09-21-2006, 09:28 AM
droptop
Pro

Default wow

was contacted by porsche on the 20th (2 days outside of the response window), who wanted to schedule a repair over a month away (timely repair???). in the process of "discussion", the dispute repair person i was talking to HUNG UP on me, when i pointed out she had already missed the time allotted to respond to the complaint. she called me back two more times, but i figure if someone hangs up on me, the conversation is done. told her to have her boss call me, but that didn't happen

demand letter for buyback went out this morning. feel confident my attorney will make some money off of this one before it is over. the stupid thing about it is that i would have liked to have kept the bloody thing, but getting close to the end of warranty and having MULTIPLE problems that they cant fix is worrysome. getting hung up on in the midst of discussions just is the icing on the cake.

the other interesting thing she said was that "you have never had PORSCHE service the car". odd, i thought by taking it to an authorized porsche dealer, thats what i was doing. is there a garage in atlanta i am unaware of???

now i get to start looking all over again... ML or X5 perhaps? suggestions welcome.

DT
Old 09-21-2006, 10:05 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop
now i get to start looking all over again... ML or X5 perhaps? suggestions welcome.DT
Be careful, the grass is not always greener. I wouldn't buy the first/second year of an ML if they gave me 50% off. You might want to sniff around the BMW site for reviews of the X5 as well.

I guess if it was me, I would just call her boss, let him know what happened regarding the underlink and see what they say. Getting it fixed and selling is easier and cheaper (maybe) than getting a lawyer involved, and likely a shorter resolution. Just my $0.02. I sense a bit of emotion here.

Last edited by yetis; 09-21-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:40 PM
droptop
Pro

Default NAW

i was emotional when the dealership denied that my cayenne was even equiped with PHC. now it has just gotten amusing, like watching a keystone cops movie. this is the kind of stuff that would french fry me if it was my company, which is why my company is better at customer service than this.

i would, however, like to know where she learned that hanging up was a negotiating ploy. her (ex)husband, (ex)boyfriend or father?

in any event, i am none of the above, and i expect to have people treat me with common courtesy, especially when i have bought a car that cost more than my first HOUSE.

DT
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 PM
droptop
Pro

Default well,

got another reply from porsche, to my demand letter on return of the cayenne-s. basicly said " we politely decline". put in the stuff to the NCDS on tuesday, had an extensive talk with the arkansas AG's office. i was specifically asked to call them back after the case was done, or if NCDS declined to consider any of the issues of the case.

never did get a call from the gal who hung up on me, or her boss, or the president of PCNA, who i also left a message for. getting ready to post the entire thing on my new porsche website, will give everyone some entertaining reading.

DT
Old 10-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Rider1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear you're having problems with Porsche.

As I posted earlier (separate post) I sold my '06 CTT (second CTT I've owned) mainly because of the horrendously bad customer service I received from my dealer here in Las Vegas, Nevada.

I bought an ML63 and couldn't be happier with the vehicle and the great customer service at the Mercedes Benz dealer. Yes I hear people saying don't buy the first year ML, but this is just the first year of the 6.2 litre engine. They've had some time to sort out the rest of the problems. And besides if I'm treated fair by the dealer I'm not unhappy if there are a few problems.

So my recommendation to your request for ideas on a vehicle to replace your Cayenne is an ML63.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:02 PM
droptop
Pro

Default nov 1st is the date now

the NCDS emailed me to set up the date and time for the arbitration, will let everyone know how it goes. have pretty much stopped driving the CS, its miata weather, and it is getting near the 50k mark, so i don't want to go past the warranty numbers until i find out how the hearing goes.

it's not that i think the CS is a bad vehicle, it is one of the best i have ever driven. the problem is, that the maintenance is so dealer dependent, and i guess i haven't found a decent dealer yet. tulsa, okc, and dallas were all unable to repair the problems (okc was clueless, tulsa tried, and dallas talked a good game). perhaps i should have just started taking it to my local guy who does a couple of "exotic" collection work, but darn it, when i pay this much for a car, i expect the manufacturer to stand behind it.

DT
Old 10-14-2006, 03:09 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

DT,
Where do you live? How far are you srom Dallas?

I'm surprised Boardwalk couldn't fix it. Did you try Park Place?
Old 10-15-2006, 04:44 PM
droptop
Pro

Default i live about...

332.25 miles from boardwalk porsche, i make a trip to dallas about once a month, so it isn't that onerous (if the weather is nice i will fly, if the bloody plane will start (that's a whole nuther issue)). boardwalk did exactly the same thing that jackie cooper did, reset the transmission computer. i told them that it had been reset once within the last 10k miles but that was all they did. the guy i went for a test drive with (lead mechanic?), felt what i was talking about, and said that it wasn't shifting right, but the reset was all they performed.

bob moore just did the 40k service, claimed not to be able to find any other problems and that there was no warning light on the dash for "PHC unavailable". i left it for almost a full week there, so they would have plenty of time to work on it, even rented a car on my own, and that was the best they could come up with. they refused to talk to me about the car until the friday before the monday that i came to pick it up, so i knew something was up.

park place audi was the outfit that screwed up my A6 a number of years ago, while i don't really hold a grudge against them, they weren't my first choice either.

what amazes me is that between the 3 dealers, there was nobody who knew much of anything about the vehicle, moore was clueless (and lied to me to boot), jackie cooper was nice, but they were in over their heads and while boardwalk at least looked like they knew their stuff, they were no better than the other two. i suppose if you had a good dealer (if such a thing exists) this wouldn't be a bad car, but without someone who can work on it, there is just too much routine maintennance that is required. even if i had to go to dallas for repairs, it would not be out of the question. however, to go 300 miles to get the same blue smoke blown at me is truly amazing.

DT
The following users liked this post:
Magdaddy (10-09-2022)
Old 10-15-2006, 04:52 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

DT,
At Boardwalk, the Chief Tech. is Cliff. He's a good guy and has taken care of my small issues. For something like PHC, I'd keep pushing for resolution.

Drop me a line via PM next time you are heading to Dallas. I'll bring the Purplesaurus Rex.

Scott
Old 10-15-2006, 09:25 PM
droptop
Pro

Default may have been him

if cliff is a tall, rather gaunt gentleman. of the three, boardwalk was the only one to send the tech for a ride with me, and he was good about not making the squeaking noises my wife does when she rides with me. instead, he was listening and feeling the shift patterns during hard accel/decel, and noted immediately that something didn't feel right. i had high hopes that they were going to fix it (and as a side note, they were the only porsche dealership that actually gave me a cayenne to drive while they were working on it).

however, when i returned, i was abashed to find that they had reset the computer and were ready to send me on my way, again. i have/had visions of continuing on to 50k with one computer reset after another, until magically at 51k when i am naked it suddenly becomes "we are so sorry, but you need an entire new driveline". i heard a somewhat like conversation between moore's SM and DM about another customer and decided it was time to invoke the lemon law (they had actually gone past the boundary by quite a bit) before it was me they were talking about in such mock-condescending tones.

infuriation set in when Ms Cannon, of PCNA called and said "well, you never had PORSCHE work on your vehicle" just before she hung up on me, which made it sound like PCNA's opinion of the dealers was worse than mine (if your dealers are so bad, why do you let them continue to be your dealers??).

all of this had me reaching for the yellow handle (you push down to get rid of the canopy, pull up to fire the seat). before the set to with PCNA, i might have been happy with just getting it fixed and an extension of the warranty. but, between PCNA's complete disregard for the law, and moore's lobotomized "duh, there ain't no light for no PHC on de dash", i have lost all sign of my gruntles.

DT
Old 11-02-2006, 11:14 PM
droptop
Pro

Default well.....

it would appear that porsche and i have agreed to a settlement on the cayenne, more on this perhaps later. in any event, it would seem i am to keep the cayenne for a while longer.

as far as the PHC unavailable warning, it would appear that my local mechanic (non dealership) had it pegged. at some point and time, one of the dealerships set the bit or bits making it think it had a manual transmission. since the I/O mapping is different, it was reading something else as a PHC error.

i am now having a few other problems, with the most serious being one that showed up last night, an attempted start that lasts a sec or so, followed by the PHC message (which used to only show up after shifting gears). it should be interesting to see all the stuff they find while in the shop.

i will also say that while it took a major effort to get the corporate attention, the porsche guys were a very good reflection on the company. i hope the rest works out as well.

DT

ps, i will keep the avatar, even though it would appear that i am not using the ejection seat. i am continually amazed at the russian ejection seats, one of ours would have the guy out of the picture, theirs appear to have at least 3 bottle rockets attached to the bottom. also note that the fuse failure has compressor stalled both engines.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:33 AM
droptop
Pro

Default hold the presses

well, after the warm fuzzy feeling i got from the pre-arbitration settlement agreement on the porsche, i am now faced with the significantly modified settlement they sent me to sign. after discussing this with the Arkansas AG office and NCDS, i have politely declined to sign and we are heading back into arbitration.

good thing i kept the avatar.

DT

ps. i will be starting a new thread as the emphasis has changed from the actual problem to the issue of porsche keeping their promises.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

This is good stuff........

Quick Reply: PHC unavailable?