PHC unavailable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 11:12 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop
itc, was refering to you, something about purple koolaid when i mentioned 200k. <G>

the conversation with the service manager monday should be interesting. as this broke it over into lemon law territory, hopefully the letter will get SOMEONE's attention. i like the vehicle, would hate to have to give it back, but they bloody well should fix the transmission too.

DT

ps, mine fell outside of the serial numbers for the TSB for the TCU replacement, but i suspect that is what the problem is.

pps, this was the third time on the transmission, the other two dealers could duplicate it, but just reset the computer to zero. this is 5 times total for various things which also breaks the lemon law (arkansas actually has a pretty good one). i suspect the fact that they are denying that a error enunciator actually exists probably would not weigh in well. the trick will be having a third party expert document the problem for the hearing, in which case them denying that they could find a problem will not work. of course, my HOPE, is that porsche will send/instruct someone too fix the problem.

but this isn't my first rodeo, i had audi take an A6 back a few years ago. it's one of the reasons i will only buy new now, because i know if you have too many problems it is possible to get them to take it back. problem is, i LIKE the cayenne....

Have it delivered to Boardwalk Porsche in Plano, TX (Dallas Suburb).... 2.5 hours south of OKC.
www.boardwalkag.com

They are the best dealer I've worked with.
Ask for Sydney (Service Writer) and then ask for Cliff (Shop Foreman). They service more Cayennes is a week than Bob Moore sees in a year.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:32 PM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default durn it

dealership number 2 was boardwalk porsche. perhaps i could have given them a second chance, but i hate driving 400 miles just to get the thing serviced properly. dealership one was jackie cooper, they seem pretty worthless too.

the arkansas lemon law takes it back to the first documented problem, which for me is at about 10k. the audi had 22k on it when it went back, but i got everything back (including sales tax) except for 10 cents a mile for the first 4k (which was when i first brought it in).

it may be that this is too complex of a vehicle to be maintained outside of germany, but i still like it.

DT
Old 08-27-2006, 05:45 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im sorry that the dealer is unable to address your concerns, really not all dealers are like that
Old 08-29-2006, 11:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by droptop
nope, english is my first language. he said (to nearly quote, wish i had recorded it) "PHC is only on manual transmission cars, it doesn't even exist on the automatics."

i hate knowing more about the bloody cars than the folks who are servicing them.

DT

ps, don't bother to say it. i KNOW you told me so.
Huh, look at this.....PHC on manual transmissions only.......guess you didn't have to record it.

So, let me get this straight....you own a Cayenne, equipped with automatic transmission, who thinks it has a manual transmission.
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2006, 12:13 AM
droptop
Pro

Default oh, it gets better

i will be posting the invoice, they were dumb enough to elaborate on the bit about the car neither having PHC or there being a light for it on the dash!!!

(gee, wonder what that rectangular thing is on the dash that has all the funny symbols?? can't be important.....)

but i have to admit, not only were they not embarassed, they kept right on trying to brazen it through. i feel confident that i will not be recieving a call on how the service went. OTOH, the guys in sales knew it had PHC.

DT
Old 09-03-2006, 10:34 AM
droptop
Pro

Default if you never have seen it....

here you go. invoice will be posted on my porsche website, will give out the url once it is up.
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2006, 12:54 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

funny thing happened, on friday i saw one a cayenne come in with the same problem 6 cyl tip, ill be sure to let everybody know what we find on it
Old 09-03-2006, 06:02 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Is this a GREAT vehicle or what?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:24 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Is this a GREAT vehicle or what?
Former President Clinton responds, QUOTE "it depends on what your definition of GREAT is fellers... Now, take Hillary.. she'll make a GREAT President." UNQUOTE

Now, what does GREAT mean to you after that analogy?!"
Old 09-12-2006, 12:52 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Why do I get the feeling that 'droptop' is somewhere, stuck on a hill with the Cayenne that suddenly developed PHC, brakes fully applied and won't let go?

Yes, I know what you're thinking....no problem, just step on the gas and override the brakes, now under control of PHC.
Well, this is a Cayenne, this is eGas, that means foot on brake + foot on gas hard....ECU says No....therefore, stuck on a hill somewhere.

Droptop, any news from the dealer on PHC on a Tiptronic?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:28 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OK easy explanation.. car = gas= go, human = fosters = drunken driver. car = fosters=drunken cayenne.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
droptop
Pro

Default well, not much has changed

i have four more pictures of the "PHC unavailable" error message, and it still THUMPS. no word from anyone yet, but the clock is ticking, "fox-lemon" has occured and weapon release was sucessful.

i tried to load the PDF of the scanned image of the ticket, for your viewing humor, but it was too big to load. their statement is (and i quote) "VEH IS NOT EQUIP WITH PHC NO WARNING LIGHT ON DASH, NO FAULTS IN SYSTEM"

i guess they were looking for a descrete warning light, which doesn't say much for their knowledge. do you think they have ever seen a manual for this vehicle?

DT
Old 09-13-2006, 06:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

From the TSB segment I posted above:

"If the customer continues to complain of receiving the mesage "PHC failure", replace the hydraulic unit located in the vehicle with a hydraulic unit having an index of 04"

Have they done this yet?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:00 PM
droptop
Pro

Default it's an automatic

Moore Porsche denies all knowledge of PHC on an automatic. They, to my knowledge did not go any further on that problem, once they came up with this amazing claim. i will say that as it IS an automatic, the TSB you cite doesn't apply.

they also were unable to reproduce the "thump" on deaccel, in 15 miles of driving. i got it before i cleared their lot.

DT

ps, i have several more pictures of "PHC unavailable" at different mileages now.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

This is quite amazing they would take that position, as the TSB clearly states:

Introduction 9PZ4L A5 0423 for the Cayenne S.

Anyone know of any Cayenne S vehicles built with a manual transmission?

Quick Reply: PHC unavailable?