Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy a Titanium Edition CS or wait for 2008 model?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 10:14 AM
jkseger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was the MSRP of the TE car that you saw? What kind of options did it have on it beyond those provided by the edition?
It was $69K and had the trailer hitch, front seat heater wsteering wheel, roof railing, light comfort pkg, driver seat mem, roll-up sunscreen, and xm radio as additional options. the dealer actually printed off the sticker of the cars they were going to get a week or so ago.

If you decided to deal on the car, I'd be curious to see how much room there is for negotiation vs. a standard car.
I am too. As I commented above, I am not sure if I could live with the two-tone seats. But if the price was right, which also includes the price on two trade-ins, I may have a case to buy.

I also thought about the facelifted model next year. My reasons for not going that route are:
1. I don't like the more aggressive look seen in the spy photos. I prefer the friendly face of the current model. I also don't like the rear treatment on the facelift, with the two humps on the bumper removed, and the lights enlarged.
2. If they further increase the horsepower, the gas mileage will likely be even lower
3. Not as much leverage on price with a new model.
4. Potential bugs.
I agree with your 3 and 4. I am afraid that the price of a similarly equipped '08 model would be into the 80's (UGH), making a good deal on the TE (low 70's)even better.

I haven't really seen good photos of what the final vehicle would look like without any tape or some kind of camo on it. Plus every car has been black in the photos I have seen. I'll be interested to see what information about the '08s (new photos, colors available, options, etc.) will come out in the next few weeks.

John
Old 07-20-2006, 01:12 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Just price checking. Was offered a CS Platinium with PASM for $69,500 before haggle. Claims MSRP is $73,490. The car has PASM and trailer hitch as options of note. Thinking a 05' CSTT is a better deal at $70-$72k.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:02 PM
jkseger
Intermediate

I was given the options list for the TE which has the retail prices. And I can say that it's really easy to push the MSRP over 75K. So the dealer may have been accurate about the 73K.

If you look at the Niello Porsche website, you'll see the price of the TE they just got in (69K) and the options on it. http://porsche.niello.com/new

I am going to go back this weekend and look at the TE again. But I may end up just waiting for the '08 S or picking up a regular '06 S.

John
Old 07-23-2006, 04:37 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw a Pure Red TE at Stevens Creek Porsche today. I don't think the color is any different than the Guards Red on the various Porsche sportscars. Having seen it in person, I'd say the TE would only be interesting to those who want the new colors. Otherwise, it's no big deal. Just different color schemes. Like a few others have mentioned, the two tone seats take some getting used to. In my opinion, the TEs are too pricey when various options are added on top of it. Some options are just silly. For example, dealer inventories show many TEs have Dark Wood package. Why would someone get a TE with the Titanium trim replaced with wood?

If money is a factor in your car shopping, then I'd say getting a standard '06 yields the best deal all around.

By the way, at the same dealer I also saw a Cayenne Turbo S with 857 miles for $97K, and it's a CPO! That's some deal.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Superfans
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

is 08 the model year for the facelift?
Old 07-23-2006, 09:20 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

yup. No 07 model year. Just a prolonged 06 with the Ti edition until the new faced 08 arrives.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:48 AM
brianbento
Instructor

The Ti Edition is great!!!!!! Had to buy it as well Dell. Lets get together today sometime and go play a little..... I am leaving again on Friday or Saturday of next week. Send me your cell number, and i will give you a call. I have to do a little running around this morning but i will call you this AM!!! Take care Dell......... And the TI edition really is so sweet.... Will show you, i snagged it from the dealership the day after the recieved it.... These things will sell oh so fast!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:50 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Brian! I heard you got the Ti edition (talked to Matt last week). Very Nice

I'll hit you up in PM with my cell.

Quick Reply: Buy a Titanium Edition CS or wait for 2008 model?