Sponsored by:

Hawk Ceramic Pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 04:06 PM
BarryC
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Hawk Ceramic Pads

Anyone tried these yet? I found that Tirerack is carrying several compounds for an S. BTW, the dealer wanted $800 just to change pads (front and rear)!

TIA,
Barry
Old 07-02-2006, 04:23 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Wow! $800 for just pads? That is a ripoff. Buy the padsyou want and DIY them.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 940 Likes on 571 Posts

Easy to change. I got some Pagids- work fine but definitely NOT low dust as I hoped- they seem just as dirty as the OEM's. If you get them let us know if they are lower dust... many around here are interested.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:13 AM
BarryC
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 46 Posts

LVDell - I see that you're in NC. I'm in Greensboro and the dealer is Foreign Cars Italia. The service guy said that I needed to have the pads changed and that the material was almost down to the metal. I told him that I had not seen a warning on the dash and the guy said it was on (which it was not). They also charged $650 or so for the 40k service and this was after I was told on the phone that it would be $500. Basically they lied to me. I was so fcking pissed at them that I will never under any circumstances buy another car from nor have my Cayenne serviced by them.

So at this point I'm investigating pad options that I will change myself once the light comes on.

Thanks,
BC
Old 07-03-2006, 10:26 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I feel for you BC. It is SOOOOOOOOOO hard to find a good HONEST mechanic. You should consider using the greater Raleigh shops if you can't find an honest service center in G'Boro or if you don't have the time to DIY.

It's funny, the same thing you are going through is what drove me to DIY almost EVERYTHING on my cars several years ago. And the best part is now I love doing all the service myself. Very satisfying and leaves lots of $$ for mods

Quick Reply: Hawk Ceramic Pads