Alpine iPod and satellite navigation installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 07:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

They should have no problems reverse engineering the CAN protocol for this adapter.....much easier than dealing with MOST.
A day or so with a donor vehicle and a CANalyzer and you're done. (No, I think I'll pass, thank you)
Old 06-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Zin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
They should have no problems reverse engineering the CAN protocol for this adapter.....much easier than dealing with MOST.
A day or so with a donor vehicle and a CANalyzer and you're done. (No, I think I'll pass, thank you)
Lewis,
The web site says its will only be applicable for 05 and 06. Why not 04 models? With this set up will the small on screen display still work as well?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't know anything about these folks or their product, sorry......hopefully they're not a subsidiary of DensionUSA.

Any PCM/CDR/Headunit info to be displayed would have to be passed thru this unit and the appropriate commands transmitted.

With a Canalyzer, I can send any message I want to the dash mounted MFD.....yes, I've come up with some creative ones that never made it to production!......I don't know if that's what they're intending to do or just use the steering wheel buttons.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:03 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Porsche customers will buy the vehicle no matter what level of electronics/infotainment is in the car.

Think I'm wrong, look at the latest sales numbers and yearly reports. Porsche customers will bitch and complain, but in the end, they'll still make the purchase....don't think for a split second PAG/PCNA doesn't know this.........trust me on this one.
True and false. The eventual replacement to my MB coupe will be another MB coupe, due to superior electronics integration.

But, I would not hesitate to purchase a CTS+4 Cayenne Twin Turbo S, fourth generation, to replace the wife's CT, once the time comes. Listening to her recount the superiority of my electronics is a free perk.

Quick Reply: Alpine iPod and satellite navigation installation