Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So I am picking up my trailer.....have a lights question :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:09 PM
nmex
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same prblem and check again over the week end. Evry time I plug the trailer I get these check trailer light. Know when I put the running lights of the trailer direct to power pin ( i think is 3 0r 4 ) the message goes away but then the turn signals dont work. Know on the conection on the pepper there is pin 7 wich is reverse light. I wonder if the system is looking at these and since mine doesnt have reverse light that is why I am getting these warning
Old 05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

**UPDATE**

So, I went by the Pace trailer dealer here in town and hooked it up........

Running lights work fine and turn signals work fine. THe only thing I didn't get was brake lights. But I remember that Toby (see above) posted about the RoW v. US programming. So, off to the dealer I went. My SA hooked it up and lo and behold it was set to RoW towing and not US. He changed it and I will test it again on Friday.

I'll let you know. Thanks everybody for their input!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:41 PM
wirunner
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay release the squirrels Lewis for digging up this old thread...

So I had the exact same issue as Dell describes above. Hooked up a Uhaul trailer (4 pin) and everything worked except the brake lights! I did take my P!g to a dealer to have them check the settings and program the gateway (they were even kind enough to charge $125 for this) so I was hopeful I'd have no problems. Anyone experience this and was the resolution an issue with the trailer or the car? The uhaul guy spent a lot of time testing everything and wasn't sure what was wrong. There was a random wire hanging off the trailer that he told me was a ground and "shouldn't matter". Maybe that was it...I should have pushed to try a different trailer.

I'm going to rent a trailer again soon so just wondering. Trying to avoid the dealer since I now drive across town for service simply for the principle of my local SA being an *******...

Quick Reply: So I am picking up my trailer.....have a lights question :)