Sponsored by:

Rattle/squeak

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 03:08 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Rattle/squeak

I have a rattle/squeak in the rear of my cayenne. It appears to be coming from the rear cargo cover. When I remove it from the car the rattle goes away. I have tried putting some felt paper around the cargo cover and the area that it snaps into in the rear, but it doesnt help much. Anyone had this problem or have any suggestions?? Thanks.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:26 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I think mine has been acting up too. I'll have to check.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:30 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this in my '06 CS. Dealer told me to unfurl the cargo cover (i.e. in the position to cover cargo in the trunk). This helps a little, but there are still some noises. Rattle seems to be more prevalent in cold weather when things don't fit as snug.

I think the only real solution to make the rear noise free is to remove the cargo cover.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Slight squeek just started with mine (after I had the car polished and detailed in and out). Never had the squeek before and I think maybe some of the product they used to treat the plastic has caused it to squeek when the two surfaces rub against each other. I wiped them down with alcohol but that only subdued the noise. I placed a thin strip of black velcro where the cargo cover latches are - where they secure when the cover is extended covering the area. Can't see them and no more squeek.

Quick Reply: Rattle/squeak