Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously? The battery is under the front seat???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 07:04 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Seriously? The battery is under the front seat???

Are you kidding me? So I need to disconnect the battery so I can do my ipod install and well as finish the hitch install and the wiring harness that goes with it. So I ask you this........

Is there any other way to disconnect the battery without having to remove the drivers seat like the manual states??? This is almost comical now!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm afraid you're going to have to remove the seat for the hitch install.....sorry.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:17 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I just don't get it sometimes. WTF is wrong with the engineers at VW/PAG??? Battery under the seat??? So, when you have to replace your battery, hypothetically, most people would just take it to the dealer? UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Any others curveballs I should be on the lookout for?

BTW.....the FedEx just came. Many thanks!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:30 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Don't disconnect the battery, unless it is REALLY required.

If it is disconnected, the windows need to be reset, the steering sensor needs to be reset and something else too, I'll check later...
Old 05-03-2006, 08:21 PM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LVDell
I just don't get it sometimes. WTF is wrong with the engineers at VW/PAG??? Battery under the seat??? So, when you have to replace your battery, hypothetically, most people would just take it to the dealer? UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!

PAG ENGINEERS: Hmmm we built zee monster Veeee Eight and wrapped it in zeee plastic shrouds and installed it in dee front of zee vehicle for first time....deez looks nice !!! Ohh Blitzkrieg now where to vee put zee battery???? Hmm vell theres room under deez seat??? Ahhh OOOKKKAY !!!

Old 05-03-2006, 08:25 PM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by LVDell

LOL the ironic thing is that I just replaced the battery in my Boxster after 6 years and the funny thing is that the engine is mysteriosly located somewhere under and behind the seats BUT!!! guess where the battery is??? THE FRONT TRUNK...where is should be LOL I replaced that sucker in like 15 mins flat....although I then had to enter codes for the radio and reset all the windows WTF
Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

not sure I follow WINGLESS. if you had to replace your battery you would obviously have to disconnect the battery to replace it. Let me know what you find out as soon as you can so I can game plan what's up next. But the TSB clearly states to disconnect the battery for the hitch install. If I don't need to then I am fine, but the last thing I want to do is proceed and not disconnect it then POOF, something goes haywire.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:32 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

The windows and steering are reset, with a procedure. Something else, too, also with a procedure. Later.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:40 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Ok, so I just got done RTFM and it's really not as big a deal as you make it out to be. It states (p.321) after battery is connected you will get a PSM light and can be remedied with a few "simple" steps. Those steps are outlined as well as the window reset. That's it. Nothing to get alarmed about.

But thanks for the heads up so now I know what to do after I reconnect the battery.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:04 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Changing/disconnecting the battery is no big deal. Despite what some on here say, its not that hard to get to.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I am going to post pics b/c this is by far the funniest thing I have encountered. Not hard to get to just a PITA.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TimC.
PAG ENGINEERS: Hmmm we built zee monster Veeee Eight and wrapped it in zeee plastic shrouds and installed it in dee front of zee vehicle for first time....deez looks nice !!! Ohh Blitzkrieg now where to vee put zee battery???? Hmm vell theres room under deez seat??? Ahhh OOOKKKAY !!!
vhwat iz zee schitzu dat iz here? itz appearz zat you got zee madfox german/english dictionarzee... vhen you are finished vith itz, you mustnzee zend it to zee Alabamaz MB factory vizitorz center vhere I vill get itz back. Yah? iz zis zee plan?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:15 PM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by MadFox
vhwat iz zee schitzu dat iz here? itz appearz zat you got zee madfox german/english dictionarzee... vhen you are finished vith itz, you mustnzee zend it to zee Alabamaz MB factory vizitorz center vhere I vill get itz back. Yah? iz zis zee plan?
LOLOLOLOL Ayeee oopps!! Daz zee plan? Sorry for the plagiarism
Old 05-03-2006, 11:48 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TimC.
LOLOLOLOL Ayeee oopps!! Daz zee plan? Sorry for the plagiarism
vwon more viddle zing.. batteryz? zee Cayenne haz zee batteriez? Zee batteriez iz under zee front zeat? iz zee spare tirez under zerr too? I never found zit vwhen zee tirez blewed zeeup... maybe vee should have lookedzee under zee seatz... schitzu.. I knew zee manual waz CRAP!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:18 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

You guys are killin' me!!!! I have never laughed so hard. I tried to read this thread to my wife over the phone and couldn't stop laughing!!!!!!

No I understand why I must take my meds

Quick Reply: Seriously? The battery is under the front seat???