Another Cayenne Turbo on the team

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 06:06 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Another Cayenne Turbo on the team

I have new to me a 2004 turbo pepper being loaded on a truck today from Texas to SO CA. It has 15,000 miles [102 by me in Texas] and 30 months left on the four year Porsche new car plan. I went to Texas yesterday to have it checked out and drove it after the inspection and long drive I had the $$$$ wire transferred to complete the deal. Let the mods begin Has anyone installed the metal front skidplate on their pepper? How hard was it to install? Thanks, John
Old 04-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello & Congratulations!
Nice low mile '04 CTT. Did you purchase it form a Porsche dealership?
If so, you might want to get them to "CPO" it if you plan on keeping it longer than the 30 months. There are some "naked" dudes here that would have loved to still be under the umbrella of protection.

You can't very well NOT include details about your new car. Color, shoes, options etc.

And of course before someone else asks: Post pics please.

As far as the SS skid plate I had that installed , but not on my own - the dealer put it on before I took delivery of the car, along with many other Tequipment items. Looks nice and makes a visual difference. I can check the cost of it installed if you would like, but it sounds like you want to tackle this on your own. Whether or not you like certain Tequipment mods or aftermarket mods all depends on each person of course. Some like it stock, others like it over-the-top. I am more along the lines of over-the-top as you can tell by my pics on my site below.

Also if your car has not come from a dealer then you might want to roll into one and have them run the car to make sure all TSB's have been done and everything is up to SPEED with your car.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Skid plate install:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/155472-skid-plate-installed-diy-instructions.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/110611-a-must-read-on-the-skid-plate-issue.html
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/115071-installation-of-steel-skid-plate.html

Team? When did we become a team? Not me.......
Old 04-28-2006, 07:22 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats... skid plates look really nice, especially on dark Cayenne like Kooser's

To see the entire Tequipment Cayenne catalog go to:
http://web.mac.com/kooser/iWeb/Site/Photos.html

lol...

I'm waiting for Kooser to change his mind and go carbon fiber all around so I can buy all his stainless goodies
Old 04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats John!!!! Enjoy the CTT....
Old 04-28-2006, 11:42 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

In stalling the skid plate may be somethin gmore than you want to get into. I had the dealership do it--they charged 1 hour of labor, which I thought was well worth it.
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
charlieXS
Pro

that's freekin SWEEEEEEEET on a Carmon Red Cayenne!!!!!!!!
Did you "polish" it or did it come like that?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:20 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by charlieXS
Congrats... skid plates look really nice, especially on dark Cayenne like Kooser's

To see the entire Tequipment Cayenne catalog go to:
http://web.mac.com/kooser/iWeb/Site/Photos.html

lol...

I'm waiting for Kooser to change his mind and go carbon fiber all around so I can buy all his stainless goodies
I read this and it makes me think - I'm a sucka, I should have never picked up that damn Tequipment catalog!

As far as CF all around inside, believe me it had already crossed my mind, but wifey wasn't so into it. The decision actually hinged all on the steering wheel. She LOVES the heated function - CF wheel has no heat - therefore no CF wheel - therefore no CF in the rest of the cabin.

Back to C4SJohn
All wheel drive in your garage?
Love to see pics of the C4S next to your CTT.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:43 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks, for the positive feedback on my new Cayenne Turbo and the information parts required and the bill of material of part numbers for the SKID PLATE mod update. When I receive the CTT I will try to load the pictures of my 993 C4S,930 cab, and CTT. I will be out of town for the next couple of day and having a hard time waiting for my CTT to show up. John
Old 04-30-2006, 12:32 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by charlieXS
that's freekin SWEEEEEEEET on a Carmon Red Cayenne!!!!!!!!
Did you "polish" it or did it come like that?
Thanks Charlie--that's exactly how it came. I guess I am pretty obsessive about keeping it clean, though!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:38 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Thanks Charlie--that's exactly how it came. I guess I am pretty obsessive about keeping it clean, though!
STATMAN, I have a Carmon red/beige CS too. Very nice!

Can I take this OT a little and ask you about your "keeping it clean" obsession? What do you use?
Old 04-30-2006, 04:57 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Welcome to the club. You have a great Truck there and should be a blast to drive around in!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:22 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
STATMAN, I have a Carmon red/beige CS too. Very nice!

Can I take this OT a little and ask you about your "keeping it clean" obsession? What do you use?
Well, standard washes of course, I also use 3M Imperial Hand Glaze for polishing, and RejeX for sealing. The real guru, though, is this guy on the 997 forum named Ben (see user name OCBen). No, it does not stand for Obsessive Compulsive Ben, but Orange County Ben. He has all sorts of great tips listed under his signature.

Quick Reply: Another Cayenne Turbo on the team