Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bet ya Toyota won't use "Cowboy" Buckles like Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006 | 07:53 PM
Kooser
Pro

Default Bet ya Toyota won't use "Cowboy" Buckles like Porsche!

Recall on Front Seat Belts on Lexus
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060412/...utos_toyota_dc
Old 04-13-2006 | 12:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Question

Are you inferring that PAG/PCNA did NOT have their "valued customers" best interest in mind when they rolled out A506?

Are you inferring that PAG/PCNA determined that there was no need to simply replace the seat belts with those already redesigned and in production?

Are you inferring that PAG/PCNA felt that NO rear seat passenger would be at risk in an impact with a 3 sq in piece of steel pressed against their pelvis compared to a rear seat passenger with a standard seatbelt?

Are you inferring that the NHTSA did NOT do due dilligence in allowing PAG/PCNA to install this device and 'fast tracked' its approval?

If the A506 'cowboy belt buckle' (I KNEW I should have trademarked this) was such a good design, why then is it NOT installed on ALL Cayennes (and Porsches for that matter)?
Why would PAG/PCNA redesign the rear seat belt mechanism and then make a running change into forward production only?

Are you inferring that Lexus does NOT share the same customer service values as PAG/PCNA?

Are you criticizing the most profitable car company on the planet, makers of the Ultimate SUV; a vehicle capable of outperforming any sportscar on the planet?

Personally, I can not stand for such attacks against PAG/PCNA. I am offended.
Old 04-13-2006 | 04:11 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
Recall on Front Seat Belts on Lexus
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060412/...utos_toyota_dc

toyota will use plastic belt buckle,
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:01 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc
Dear Lewis,
I am writing this letter with my heart weighing heavily on the thought that I offended you and sarcastically and unkindly mocked PAG's solution to their safety belt issue. The A506 buckle was originally slated to be produced in platinum with the Porsche Crest proudly embossed on it's surface. Apparently 'something' got lost in final production and I unfairly compared this oversight with Toyota's situation in my most recent post.

Warmest regards and most sincere apology,
Steve
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Kooser
Dear Lewis,
I am writing this letter with my heart weighing heavily on the thought that I offended you and sarcastically and unkindly mocked PAG's solution to their safety belt issue. The A506 buckle was originally slated to be produced in platinum with the Porsche Crest proudly embossed on it's surface. Apparently 'something' got lost in final production and I unfairly compared this oversight with Toyota's situation in my most recent post.

Warmest regards and most sincere apology,
Steve
Bravo!
That's a keeper
Old 04-13-2006 | 05:19 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
If the A506 'cowboy belt buckle' (I KNEW I should have trademarked this) was such a good design, why then is it NOT installed on ALL Cayennes (and Porsches for that matter)?

Are you criticizing the most profitable car company on the planet, makers of the Ultimate SUV; a vehicle capable of outperforming any sportscar on the planet?

I have seven things to say:
1. Firstly, Since you had first use you can still trademark "cowboy belt buckle" as it relates to the car industry segment. It should get approved since you don't mention PORSCHE. Anything using PORSCHE gets kicked out of the trademark office to the GERMAN enforcement division (do you want me to tell you what they say? this would require my german keyboard!?!?)
2. Secondly, Correction, Ultimate SUV out performs all vehicles of any kind anywhere in the UNIVERSE.. you dolt.. have you forgotten the new PORSCHE Cayenne Turbo S vehicle is manufactured on a 3rd world planet in the system of planets encircling Alpha-Centauri?
7. Seventhly, have I not told you to stay on the "villa" medication even though you have lifted the heavy burden of Cayenne ownership off your shoulders? You cannot be offended... Offended means that you care... You don't care anymore.. DAMN YOU.. NURSE...... NURSE.... Dang it.. where is that Nurse Ratchet when you need her... Get me the straight jacket, LTC is off his medication which was a condition of his probation from the villa. Oh, and Nurse Ratchet.. you're such a .... such a.... (I love using this icon)

Quick Reply: Bet ya Toyota won't use "Cowboy" Buckles like Porsche!