Das Beast !

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:12 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
I have a D70, love it as well. Are you a member of the NikonCafe by any chance? If you have the photos uploaded somewhere just provide a link :-)
Great Pics. No.. I'm probably older than you.. I just don't do much on the internet.. no postings. I think pics would be "safe" but as I tell my kids regarding live journals, diaries, etc. Do NOT put anything on the web that you don't want seen for the rest of your life. The 20 yr. olds caught in these Alabama church fires had all kinds of details of what they did on public journal forums (i.e. thefacebook.com). So, I guess my concern for you and me on our pics is that some jerk would use them for a book or something and you get no royalties, etc. Is there any protection on your photo albums on the site you're using? Cost?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:26 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Great Pics. No.. I'm probably older than you.. I just don't do much on the internet.. no postings. I think pics would be "safe" but as I tell my kids regarding live journals, diaries, etc. Do NOT put anything on the web that you don't want seen for the rest of your life. The 20 yr. olds caught in these Alabama church fires had all kinds of details of what they did on public journal forums (i.e. thefacebook.com). So, I guess my concern for you and me on our pics is that some jerk would use them for a book or something and you get no royalties, etc. Is there any protection on your photo albums on the site you're using? Cost?
NikonCafe consists of members who are mostly older than me, but who are very passionate about photography (and Nikon). Very talented group of people whose Nikon body/glass reviews you've most likely read and/or referred to online already. Forum is significantly better than DPreview where arguing about anything BUT photography goes on 24/7.

None of my personal photos are public, they are accessible via pw or special link only. I highly recommend PBase if you're not into moronic comments that have plagued photo storing sites like Fotki & Flickr. Nor is it into photo contests which, again, turn into numerous copy & pasted "thank you for your vote in "Show us your baby drool" contest" PBase is more about photographers around the globe sharing their photos with the rest. And some, of course, use it for storage of perosnal stuff. Here is the pricing page.

Now, as far as copyrighting goes .... that's something you won't be able to control unless you watermark each image. Once an image is on the net, you can't stop anyone from copying it onto their HD. But good news is, if you come across someone using your photos for profit and you've got the originals as backup, get ready to sit back and collect
Old 03-30-2006, 05:27 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've driven the Autostrada from Florence to Rome and it is perfect for the CTT. Long sweeping curves with great views and you can pretty much go as fast as you want. Also, there seem to be lots of cool cars on that road that want to push it with you.

Quick Reply: Das Beast !