Sponsored by:

Nav Map is Frozen

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Nav Map is Frozen

I guess an update wouldn't do me any good right now!
Has anyone had their map freeze, locking you in a global position that you are not in anymore, screwing with any input directions and travel times?

I will have to go to the dealer on Wednesday I guess.

Also, I have a slow leak from my right front tire - about 2psi lost every 5 days or so. Valve stem is fine, no road hazards/punctures. They said it was a bad seal on both sides. Resealed, tested and said that it was fixed...but that if it continued, that there me be a defect in the tire and I would have to get a new tire mounted. This is not terrible since GMP will send me a new tire free of charge, but nevertheless is still a hastle to deal with.

I was also thinking about storing another set of these tires because most places don't carry 22's, so if I were to have a flat then I would be SOL for a day or two until a tire was ordered in. This way I will have backups waiting at the dealership JIK.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 569 Posts

Happened to my wife when using the nav system to find an address in a town about 1/2 hour away from our house in central Iowa. The actual address wasn't in the system (of course) so she had to find something close by. The next time I got in the car to use the screen it was still frozen on her image and wouldn't let me enter anything. Tried turning it on and off a few times and that didn't do it- can't remember what the dealer did to unfreeze it. April-May '04 build, 1 month before the '05 system with DVD and sat radio...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Mine had that issue it was the Fiber Optic cable.. they have to reroute it or something I forgot
Old 03-27-2006, 03:13 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

This happened to me yesterday for the first time and the words 'map set' showed in the bottom left of the screen.

I had to go back in and click on the map settings on 'Location.' It had somehow gotten turned off.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by SnP
This happened to me yesterday for the first time and the words 'map set' showed in the bottom left of the screen.

I had to go back in and click on the map settings on 'Location.' It had somehow gotten turned off.
Tried all of the 'reset' possibilities and still frozen. I have the navigation voice set for an English female. Maybe she is just torturing me because I called her British Bitch!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To reset the PCM, change the language to German and then back to English, if this does not work and you can be bothered, unhook the battery for a few minutes. If not the dealer can reset with PIWIS.

(afterthought) This must be a German thing, Our phone system (Siemens) resets in exactly the same way. Me I prefer the Reset Button !
Old 03-27-2006, 05:07 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Be prepared to reset the steering sensor and windows ifin the battery is disconnected.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:13 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 569 Posts

Kooser- I have the British female as well- love her accent. My boys call her Stacey... I love it when she says " you may commense your journey..."
Old 03-27-2006, 09:19 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The British female voice is great!
"You may commence your journey."
Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 PM
24FPS
Drifting

fwiw: dealer replaced my nav in the cs when it simply went off & i was never able to operated the radio, nav... nothing on the unit.

took it in & they replaced it w/ a new unit they had in stock that same day.

btw: i still do miss the brit chicky on the nav of my mini s... she said, "motorcade & you have arrived"
Old 03-29-2006, 01:10 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SnP

Yes, this happened to me as well. Does your screen say "map set" at the bottom of the screen?

I am in agreement, the cheeky Brit lady is the best.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Kooser
Pro

No "map set" on the screen. I changed the language with no remedy either, I called the British lady a "*****" when she kept saying over and over "Your Rooot is being calculated." But I think this just aggravated her, because now there is NO voice!
I am off to the dealer today, so I am sure I will need to apologize to her on the way their and on the way home.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:40 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kooser
No "map set" on the screen. I changed the language with no remedy either, I called the British lady a "*****" when she kept saying over and over "Your Rooot is being calculated." But I think this just aggravated her, because now there is NO voice! I am off to the dealer today, so I am sure I will need to apologize to her on the way their and on the way home.
I've had the Brit lady for a very long time now.. as she would say "MOVE OFF to the right.. errrr DEALER!"
Old 03-30-2006, 01:11 AM
Kooser
Pro

The Nav is fixed and it turned out to be a complete disconnect from the main PCM. The PCM was not detecting any sat receivers. So they worked on the car for about 3.5 hours troubleshooting, reworked the cabling? While waiting I sat in the parts department. Big mistake. I now have a Motorola bluetooth system installed in the car courtesy of my time spent playing with the display.
Day off, Nav fixed, phone capabilities expanded. It is a conspiracy somehow.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:21 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kooser
The Nav is fixed and it turned out to be a complete disconnect from the main PCM. The PCM was not detecting any sat receivers. So they worked on the car for about 3.5 hours troubleshooting, reworked the cabling? While waiting I sat in the parts department. Big mistake. I now have a Motorola bluetooth system installed in the car courtesy of my time spent playing with the display. Day off, Nav fixed, phone capabilities expanded. It is a conspiracy somehow.
Bluetooth? Porsche equipped? How much? Works in the PCM Nav/Bose?

Quick Reply: Nav Map is Frozen