Own a piece of Cayenne history.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 08:00 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Own a piece of Cayenne history.....

For Free "!"

If you have been considering towing with your Cayenne, here's your chance to get the 4 pin connector/harness assembly (VAG ....what you think its a Porsche part??.....) P/N 1J0 972 782 from "The Cayenne Formerly Owned by ltc".

That's right, one of the most (in)famous Cayennes in storied PAG history....
The original PAG towing test subject Cayenne....subject of countless experiments and repair attempts.

This 4 pin connector assembly comes GUARANTEED NOT to cause 'total electrical lighting failure and system shutdown'......why?.....because the 7 pin connector connected to the factory tow control unit was involved in that feature.

In all seriousness (if I can be for a very brief moment), this is the 4 pin plug for under the dash, near the parking brake, for your electric brake controller.....it's been discussed in this forum many times. Parts cost was ~ $12 or so.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:31 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

These are the parts.

Close-up 1

Close-up 2.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:45 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 569 Posts

One of you guys better jump on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 02:28 AM
JMK
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
For Free "!"

If you have been considering towing with your Cayenne, here's your chance to get the 4 pin connector/harness assembly (VAG ....what you think its a Porsche part??.....) P/N 1J0 972 782 from "The Cayenne Formerly Owned by ltc".

The original PAG towing test subject Cayenne....subject of countless experiments and repair attempts.

This 4 pin connector assembly comes GUARANTEED NOT to cause 'total electrical lighting failure and system shutdown'......why?.....because the 7 pin connector connected to the factory tow control unit was involved in that feature.

In all seriousness (if I can be for a very brief moment), this is the 4 pin plug for under the dash, near the parking brake, for your electric brake controller.....it's been discussed in this forum many times. Parts cost was ~ $12 or so.
I'm just about to have the Draw-tite Activator controller installed. I also purchased a 20 amp breaker.... only because the website said it was required.
I'm in the midst of trying to figure out the whole trailer/Cayenne thing, it's a bit of baptism by fire. Hopefully not literally!
The service dept. was no help at all. They wouldn't touch the install of the controller but they did install the 7 pin connector next to the hitch. (Porsche part) now I guess I need another adapter to turn it into a 4 pin connector.
After reading your post it would appear I do not have all of the wires to complete the install. (I'm hearing the voice of Ed Mc Mahon saying
"You are correct sir!")
Do I need this connector?

Thanks,

John

Last edited by JMK; 03-26-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:10 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

The connector is the proper way to add the brake controller. Another option is to use the male Faston tabs, as shown in this topic.

The connector is better.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
For Free "!"

Whaaat a minute. Was the part going to be part of the evidence attachments?

This part may possess luck and be used again in any discussions with a reluctant PCNA.

Lewis don't forget to enclose the instructions, rub clockwise 3X and spit downwind once. There that should do it. BTW attach subject to visiting rights.

Quick Reply: Own a piece of Cayenne history.....