Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting at higher RPM in 06 S VS CTT

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:28 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The adaptive program may in fact be part of the problem. I believe the adaptive algorithm is chewing up too much of the CPU. Put another way, when you mash your pedal to the floor the ECU/TCU has to "think" for a while before it decides what to do. When the adaptive software is bypassed (i.e. PSM turned off) then both the engine and transmission respond more quickly.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 356driver
The adaptive program may in fact be part of the problem. I believe the adaptive algorithm is chewing up too much of the CPU. Put another way, when you mash your pedal to the floor the ECU/TCU has to "think" for a while before it decides what to do. When the adaptive software is bypassed (i.e. PSM turned off) then both the engine and transmission respond more quickly.
This makes a lot of sense, but the adaptive program is clearly not "adaptive enough" for an enthusiast--i.e. members of this forum. No matter how hard I drive it, the Tip still defaults to 2nd gear starts once warm, and shift points remain far too early for anything approaching reasonably spirited driving.

I repeat "Why doesn't someone (e.g. GIAC, etc) sell software to make this thing shift like it should?" I would think this would be a big seller...Dinan sells a boatload of transmission management software for BMWs...
Old 03-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budget M3
"Why doesn't someone (e.g. GIAC, etc) sell software to make this thing shift like it should?" I would think this would be a big seller...Dinan sells a boatload of transmission management software for BMWs...
I think that's gonna happen soon. I'm aware of at least two individuals with the means and desire... and they're lurking here on this site. I'm on the edge of my seat boys. Here's what I want; a real 500/hp 540/torque and a quick responding transmission programmed for "spirited" to downright aggressive driving. This thing should start in D1. If that requires me to turn PSM off that's no bother at all, I hit that switch everytie I get in my truck. Any other's interested???

BIG SELLER!

Quick Reply: Shifting at higher RPM in 06 S VS CTT