Sponsored by:

Dension breaking news..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:33 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, MadFox. I've read quite a few of your posts on RoadFly. Pretty lady in the avatar isn't me, so can't take credit for that one :-D

Got a '05 CS on Thanksgiving. Switched from 5 series. Loving the car. 6k miles and no problems so far. Not that I would expect for any problems to be there at 6k miles, but having read about the "glitches" with earlier models I'm knocking on wood three times :-D

Looking forward to the iPod thing.

Originally Posted by MadFox
Welcome.. pretty and smart! What a combination --- and, you own a Cayenne too? Yes, it seems that these cool old "naked" geezers may actually get past FM static to listen to their kids' iPods (some even own their own!) directly into a over-priced MOST interface to the Bose sound system. It only took five model years!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:44 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MadFox
Yes, it seems that these cool old "naked" geezers may actually get past FM static to listen to their kids' iPods (some even own their own!) directly into a over-priced MOST interface to the Bose sound system. It only took five model years!
I would just like to point out that you are NOT interfacing with the 'over-priced MOST interface to the Bose sound system'.
You are actually interfacing to the Becker MOST headunit, which is MOST bus master.
The Bose MOST DSP amplifier is merely a node on the MOST network and could care less.
PAG specified MOST to be the infotainment physical layer.

Besides, I happen to be very good friends with the guy who designed the Bose MOST DSP amplifier in all MY03+ Porsches (Carrera, Boxster and Cayenne). He's a bit of an odd duck, not very good people skills....I'm sure you know the type.

The irony is that most owners would probably throw/drive themselves off the cliff when they realize that for the foreseeable future (thru 2009 anyways....note sure if he wants to design the system for the Panamera....he turned it down the first time they asked), everytime they turn on the stereo and listen to music, he'll be right there in the car with them.

Yes, life does have it's little rewards.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:45 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Pretty lady in the avatar isn't me, so can't take credit for that one :-D
I'm pretty sure it's Liv Tyler.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:46 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh hell, it's WAY past lights out and bed check time.............I'm gonna be in trouble.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:07 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

It's Laetitia Casta :-).

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm pretty sure it's Liv Tyler.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:22 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome, not a software solution, rather an interface to the MOST databus on the Cayenne replacing the CD Changer with something which fakes out the system to think an iPod is a CD Changer.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:19 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

What happens to the CD changer, then?

Originally Posted by mudman2
replacing the CD Changer with something which fakes out the system to think an iPod is a CD Changer.
MudMan, if I recall (roadfly) correctly, you have SIRI & listen to Howard? :-D
Old 01-26-2006, 12:58 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The CD Changer is dumped and cannot be used.

Yes I do use both iPod and Sirius, mostly Sirius in the am for obvious reasons but I did get an S10 in addition to my car unit to record THE shows.

On top of that some kind sole is also making THE shows available on the internet newsgroups which is kind of a good stopgap until streaming begins.

And YES to all I do listen to Howard, the new show rules, its not a new show just the old show which now allows normal day to day speech to be used. Its the funniest thing to hear worth every $ !
Old 01-26-2006, 01:18 PM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss Howard. I'm ready to dumpt the Cayenne and get into a bimmer with all the toys (bluetooth, ipod etc) just for that!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Despite not listening to CD & iPod much since getting Sirius, I still gotta say: that SUCKS!

The CD Changer is dumped and cannot be used.
Howard is the reason we got the Nav system, so yes, he is definitely worth the $. But why has the friggin' stock been going down, that's what I'd like to know? :-D

And YES to all I do listen to Howard, the new show rules, its not a new show just the old show which now allows normal day to day speech to be used. Its the funniest thing to hear worth every $ !
Old 01-26-2006, 02:31 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JARO
I miss Howard. I'm ready to dumpt the Cayenne and get into a bimmer with all the toys (bluetooth, ipod etc) just for that!!!
THAT's your excuse?!
You're blaming everything on Dension?
Old 01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hahahaha......well, I do not have the "!" issue, and the rear hatch does not open....there isn't anything I do not like about the Cayenne except for lack of ipod, bluetooth decent navigation software, no satellite....that is really it. Just got for my wife a 06 330i with all of that in a non loaded car....and that all for 35k!!!! yeah yeah you will all say that it is about the driving enjoyment, engineering, handling blah blah blah....sure....but it is frickin' 2006 and I do not have what a damn 3 series offers as a standard!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

As MadFox would say (I can't type with a German accent like he can):

You will take what PAG gives you and LIKE it.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:41 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does make you a little more humble when all the good stuff comes in a Toyota Prius (my Carpool Lane Appliance) but doesn't come in a Porsche. However I will say their JBL sound system sucks compared to the Cayenne's Bose. Lewis, please thank your friend for putting out great sound.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 356driver
However I will say their JBL sound system sucks compared to the Cayenne's Bose. Lewis, please thank your friend for putting out great sound.
I will pass it along......do you have a preference as to which one of my friend's multiple personalities I should deliver it to?

P.S. My "friend" only does electronics; the systems/tuning group is the one who spends weeks adjusting the EQ in the DSP via in car measurements and ultimately listening tests....they're really the ones who can make it sound good or bad...the electronics/DSP just have to work...there is no glory in embedded H/W design.

Quick Reply: Dension breaking news..