Sponsored by:

Thanks - PCA San Diego Off-Road Training

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:22 AM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks - PCA San Diego Off-Road Training

Many thanks to Vince and Cecilia Knaupf for organizing the PCA San Diego Region Off-Road Training last Sunday.

This was a well-organized drive into the eastern San Diego County desert to learn off-road basics and some of the "less-exercised" capabilities of our Cayennes. Vince and Cecilia laid out a course that traversed 15 miles of rough desert roads in the Anza Borrego State Park.

I can't tell you how many times I was on three wheels but the traction mangement clutch and brake noises became commonplace. We had a memorable descent into a steep canyon that proved the value of hill descent control in low-reduction first gear.

All of the folks on the drive were great. While Cayennes were well represented there were several participants with less fortunate vehicles including Jeeps, Nissans, and Lexus. But to prevent arrogance over the dirt crawling capabilities of our luxury-utes, we were also accompanied by an ex-military German UNIMOG (Google it if you are curious).

Again, many thanks to Vince and Cecilia. As I wound my way out of the mountains I couldn't help but smile about the seemingly impossible combination of sports car and off-road SUV that's built into our Peppers.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Thanks - PCA San Diego Off-Road Training