Sponsored by:

Help with 2006 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
np2004
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with 2006 Cayenne S

I read through all the posts on here and am trying to figure out what kind of recent deals people have got in January for a 06 Cayenne S and sales reps or dealerships people recommend. I know getting 10% off is pretty standard and Im hoping I can get at least 13% to 14% off sticker but dont know how doable that is. Any suggestions since the only option I want is the Preferred package plus and metallic paint? Also do you suggest I wait for the facelifted Cayenne in the fall or are there going to be major changes including a larger engine?
Old 01-12-2006, 05:13 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking quite a bit and found $10k off pretty standard for a new '05. don't know if there are differences between the 05 and 06 but with the facelift coming in '07, I'd take that cash and the '05.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:37 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by np2004
I read through all the posts on here and am trying to figure out what kind of recent deals people have got in January for a 06 Cayenne S and sales reps or dealerships people recommend. I know getting 10% off is pretty standard and Im hoping I can get at least 13% to 14% off sticker but dont know how doable that is. Any suggestions since the only option I want is the Preferred package plus and metallic paint? Also do you suggest I wait for the facelifted Cayenne in the fall or are there going to be major changes including a larger engine?

I bought my '06 CS in August (Oct. delivery). Perhaps the market has softened since then, but after doing a fair amount of leg work last summer, I can say that I didn't find any dealer offering 13-14% on a new CS. (Some reported that level of discount on base Cayenne, but not CS). I ended up buying mine at Porsche Nashua in NH for about 9.5% off the sticker. I found only one dealer that had a better deal (slightly more than 10% off) and they were in Texas, so when I factored in the shipping it was basically a wash.

Also, I wouldn't wait for facelift because recent reports say it will be '08, and Porsche does not make major changes anyway. As with their other models, changes will be "evolutionary not revolutionary"-- I bet actual changes will be noticeable to those who know what to look for, though there will likely be at least a modest bump in HP. Also, sound like you are looking for a deep discount, and it is unlikely you can get that for the 1st year or so after the new model is introduced, which means you will be waiting a long time to get in your CS.

Go for it now...It's an awesome truck.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:25 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have more definitive information about the facelift? Is it coming this year or next ('07 or '08 MY?)
I'd like to buy a Cayenne, but I'd rather wait til the new model comes out to see if it's better. Even if isn't better, at least I can get a better deal on the existing model.
Can you imagine those who bought the existing Mercedes S class?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:11 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by racer_65
Does anyone have more definitive information about the facelift? Is it coming this year or next ('07 or '08 MY?)
I'd like to buy a Cayenne, but I'd rather wait til the new model comes out to see if it's better. Even if isn't better, at least I can get a better deal on the existing model.
Can you imagine those who bought the existing Mercedes S class?

Earlier threads on this board saying '08 model year and first production in early '07.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation UPDATE UPDATE Design Liquidating Process Delayed by State of Hawaii

Originally Posted by rome
Earlier threads on this board saying '08 model year and first production in early '07.
The state of Hawaii just did a press release that in the interest of the affected public that they have taken control of Porsche design features. The 2007-2008 facelift should take a few years. Expect the design liquidator to issue a press release stating the new design will be for the 2010 model year.

Quick Reply: Help with 2006 Cayenne S