Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Servotronic - whining/buzzing noise?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 03:14 AM
Superfans
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Servotronic - whining/buzzing noise?

Is it true that for any servotronic equipped Cayenne, there will be some slight mechanical whining/buzzing noise when turning the steering wheel left or right at low speed? Does it sounds like the turning of an electric motor? Is this considered as typical servotronic power steering noise and cannot be avoided?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:38 AM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Superfans
Is it true that for any servotronic equipped Cayenne, there will be some slight mechanical whining/buzzing noise when turning the steering wheel left or right at low speed? Does it sounds like the turning of an electric motor? Is this considered as typical servotronic power steering noise and cannot be avoided?
I have it on mine and never hear anything....its actually quite nice and easy to spin the wheel when parking and turning in tight situations. When on the highway it feels like it should!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Filledukke
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a jerking noise, and the whole system vibrates when turning the wheels at no speed (although not a good practice). May have some relations to the wheel vibration issue? Looks like the system is too weak and soft and easy comes into resonance. At one ocation the dealer changed the belt and belt tensioner. He has not given me an answer to my question why he did. Anybody else having this experience?

Last edited by Filledukke; 01-11-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:15 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Filledukke
I have a jerking noise, and the whole system vibrates when turning the wheels at no speed (although not a good practice). May have some relations to the wheel vibration issue? Looks like the system is too weak and soft and easy comes into resonance. At one ocation the dealer changed the belt and belt tensioner. He have not given me an answet to my question why he did. Anybody else having this experience?

glad i didn't get this option. seems like one more unnecessary thing that can break.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:01 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had no problems or noises with it, great in the city parking. To answer SUPERFANS question, no it is not true.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:12 PM
356driver
Racer

I haven't noticed any noises.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

Mine works great- no issues or noises. Also have it in a B6 S4 and it's great in that as well.
What I really like is it isn't overly boosted at highway speeds.

Quick Reply: Servotronic - whining/buzzing noise?