Sponsored by:

NEW Cayenne Turbo S from Porsche...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:23 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

They certainly have some additional room left to expand the model designation. It will also be an aid to those who select the delete designation option for the weight savings.
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2006, 11:53 PM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ltc....rev 5 might be right...perhaps spy pic of the facelift...larger air intake area...pretty damn open if you ask me...
Old 01-05-2006, 02:05 PM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
Perhaps this picture was taken after Rev 5 of the rear glass microswitch?
I guess you can call this rev 6 then of the rear hatch??? Checkout the rear hatch handle...totally different than our "little black nub" which as we all know creates an "emergency exit" in the rear hatch by smashing the glass upon closing

Old 01-05-2006, 02:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by TimC.
I guess you can call this rev 6 then of the rear hatch??? Checkout the rear hatch handle...totally different than our "little black nub" which as we all know creates an "emergency exit" in the rear hatch by smashing the glass upon closing

I don't think you want to use the rear backup camera (as shown in your pic) as a rear hatch handle......but that's just me.
The Uber Cayenne Turbo S Limited Edition (that ought to fit across the rear) STILL has the Rev 4 rear glass microswitch "a.k.a. the little black nub".

Pure Marketing....Pure Porsche.....Pure VW....Pure VAG....Pure fertilizer
Old 01-05-2006, 04:08 PM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
I don't think you want to use the rear backup camera (as shown in your pic) as a rear hatch handle......but that's just me.
The Uber Cayenne Turbo S Limited Edition (that ought to fit across the rear) STILL has the Rev 4 rear glass microswitch "a.k.a. the little black nub".
WOAH nice save..thanks for the correction!!!!....to correct my previous post, this would be the new public annuncement then:
Hey kids when your Dad gets his new " 520hp Cayenne Turbo S Limited Edition" don't pull on the "rear camera" latch thing trying to open the hatch...this will ultimately break the camera and not open the hatch and make your Dad head back to the dealer.
Instead...
Make sure all the side doors are closed real tight....roll up the windows including the sunroof extra good...and verify its really cold out....then grab the patented "Rev 4 - little black nub" (based on the MY2003 design) on the rear glass hatch....lift your arm up as high as possible ... and SLAM it closed REAL HARD...this will ensure that a nice big "emergency exit opening" will be created in the back of your dads new toy.
Old 01-05-2006, 05:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

WOAH nice save..thanks for the correction!!!!....to correct my previous post, this would be the new public annuncement then:
Hey kids when your Dad gets his new " 520hp Cayenne Turbo S Limited Edition" don't pull on the "rear camera" latch thing trying to open the hatch...this will ultimately break the camera and not open the hatch and make your Dad head back to the dealer.
Instead...
Make sure all the side doors are closed real tight....roll up the windows including the sunroof extra good...and verify its really cold out....then grab the patented "Rev 4 - little black nub" (based on the MY2003 design) on the rear glass hatch....lift your arm up as high as possible ... and SLAM it closed REAL HARD...this will ensure that a nice big "emergency exit opening" will be created in the back of your dads new toy.
And......Cut!
Print It!
That's a wrap people.

Right now there are people at PCNA HQ (in the bunker) already thinking of casting for this commercial.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:23 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Cayenne (I hear the snickers already) and have taken it on some "Dirty - Muddy" roads this weekend down in Florida. It drives around nicely and tows what I need.

BUT - Who the heck can justify the cost of this beast? For the price you could get a Cayenne S and a Cayman S? More fun - more versitatliy...

BUT - When you gotta have the best - this is it!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:29 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JFScheck
I love my Cayenne (I hear the snickers already)
Snickering?
All I hear is screaming, pain and suffering....snickering would be a welcome change.

Originally Posted by JFScheck
It drives around nicely and tows what I need.
Did you mean to say:

!T tows what ! need.

or have you discovered the cure to the "!"?

Come on, I was upstairs watching TV, computer off and I sensed someone using the word 'tow'.....what did you expect me to do?
Old 01-06-2006, 12:30 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

On a slightly more serious note, does anyone else seem to think that is NOT Lapis Blue, but more like Cobalt Blue?

Perhaps a new color option for the Turbo S?
Old 01-06-2006, 01:58 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Any other P car may be painted any color. Maybe they've figured out that is also possible w/ the Cayenne.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:15 AM
PK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
On a slightly more serious note, does anyone else seem to think that is NOT Lapis Blue, but more like Cobalt Blue?

Marine Blue Metallic...could that be it?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:23 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

That looks like it.
Very nice color.....even on a Cayenne.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:23 AM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by PK
Marine Blue Metallic
"Availible exclusively for the Cayenne Turbo S: exterior color Marine Blue Metallic "

As stated on the website....which kind of looks pretty mean with the "painted wheel option"

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/ca...bo-s/indetail/
Old 01-06-2006, 11:42 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

"Availible exclusively for the Cayenne Turbo S: exterior color Marine Blue Metallic "
That's too bad, I really like that color.
If it came on an S, I'd buy a new one, just for the color.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:38 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
That's too bad, I really like that color. If it came on an S, I'd buy a new one, just for the color.
What? Pass the Kool-Aid I may just pass out from SHOCK... This is Blasphemy!!

It is a "pretty" color oh straight jacketed one --- I bet you can special order the color --- anything for $$$ at PAG... or possibly they put one drop of white paint in the soup and thus it isn't "technically" the ... hold on got to get my fingers ready to type the name:
PORSCHE Supercharged CAYENNE Marine Blue Metallic TURBO S

Quick Reply: NEW Cayenne Turbo S from Porsche...