Sponsored by:

22's void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 22's void warranty?

Originally posted by itc I was unaware that a 22" wheel/tire was homologated for use by PAG on the Cayenne.
I would imagine that if this is still the case, a dealer would not be able to install a non homologated wheel/tire combintation without voiding the warranty coverage thru PCNA.

I wanted to get the Techart 22's but depending on the situation here maybe I am better off going with the Sport Techno Porsche 20's???

I currently just had winter tires put on my 18" rims until spring, when I wanted to "spring" for a new set of wheels. I thought that the 22's would make more of a visual impact (i.e. a more significant change and noticeable difference from when I have the 18" on).
Old 12-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The heavier rims and tires will place greater stress on the transmission which could lead to problems.
i was reading over on 6speedonline that a member put bigger rims on his gallargo with E-gear and it crapped out on him. I believe that lambo didn't warrenty it because the warrenty specifically mentions that bigger rims sizes will not be covered. if any other rennlisters know what i'm talkin about, correct me if i'm wrong.

If warrenty is an issue, you could always switch back 2 the stock rims before taking the car in. Yeah its dishonest and i don't exactly advocate it...but the option exisits
Old 12-04-2005, 01:16 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Are you referring to PCNA covering any issues that may be considered non homologated tire and wheel related
OR
Are you referring to your dealer covering any issues?

If your dealer wants to do it, get it in writing, as your dealer is paid for warranty repairs by PCNA IF APPROVED. If PCNA does not approve/authorize the replacment parts/repair costs, then your dealer is stuck holding the bag (financially) for your vehicle.

If your dealer is willing to assume warranty liability for your vehicle in exchange for them supplying you the equipment, then go ahead.

Besides, I wouldn't trust this "itc" guy, I've heard he's been on meds ever since he bought his Cayenne.....after all, how much can you trust a guy wearing a straight jacket and typing with a #2 pencil in his teeth?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:04 AM
trozenhorse
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have 20's on my cayenne and opted out of the 22's, dealer had no issues with it at all, here in motreal the roads are not great and i lowered it with springs as well which i recomend for visual appearance and highway handlig, city with pot holes, a little bumpy, unless you live somewhere with great roads i would stay with 20's....if you go with 22's get a really good qualuty set and only go with michelin tires...they have a special patent or large tire assmbly where the tires are assmebled in 2 pieces unlike others that assmeble in 4 pieces, had too many road force issues, after switching the tires 3 times and balaning at least 5 times, the speed shop yanked off the contis and put the michelins on...it was all at no cost to me but what a hastle, vibrations at around 65-75 mph. good luck
Old 12-04-2005, 10:17 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Almost 50k on my techart 22's and over 10 DE's, no problems
Attached Images  
Old 12-04-2005, 11:05 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Tom, how do the brakes hold up on DE's. I have been out a couple of times in the wet only and the brakes were spongey (sp) the next day.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
3 words:
Fluid, Fluid and Fluid.
Flush and bleed, no OEM fluid, try Castrol SRF (yes, I know it's $70/can, but I am really fond of brakes).
Oh, and probably a set of pads per day...remember, the Cayenne weighs....oh I don't know twice a proper 911 track appliance!

Quick Reply: 22's void warranty?