Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My CS lies to me all the time (MPG)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 04:12 AM
Lotus350
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My CS lies to me all the time (MPG)

It is me or do you guys/gals feel the same way?

Everytime I fill up the gas tank, the computer states range to empty is like 400 plus miles. But, I am lucky if I get over 300 miles before the reserve light comes on. Most of the time, I only get around 225 miles before reserve light starts to beep at me.

I feel like I am being lied to everytime I get gas. Just complainting here.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:01 AM
TheTKDKid
Intermediate

I have the same issue with my '05 TT. Have you ever spoken to your service advisor about this? When I bring mine in for service, I can't remember to ask, as I'm always focused on finding out if there is a resolution to the issue of using 1QT of oil / 1K mile.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
thecleaner
Instructor

It is just one of the many quirks that PAG uses to strenghten Brand Loyalty and consumer confidence! Just wait as I am sure our resident spokesperson for PAG (Lewis) willl reply soon!
Old 11-29-2005, 04:55 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Does anyone pay attention when their reserve light comes on? I guess you know it's bad on gas mileage when it's urgent that you fill up your car when 6 gallons of gas are still in it.

And although I do have the same problem (although I just ignore most things the computer tells me) I did get 380 miles between fill ups this past weekend.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:33 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have seen when the light comes on that I have about 3 gallons left.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:19 PM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Mine comes on when I have a quarter tank left. If I fill it up then, I'll put just over 18 gallons in it.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by LegoDoom
Does anyone pay attention when their reserve light comes on? I guess you know it's bad on gas mileage when it's urgent that you fill up your car when 6 gallons of gas are still in it.

And although I do have the same problem (although I just ignore most things the computer tells me) I did get 380 miles between fill ups this past weekend.
Is what you're smoking legal?

Old 11-29-2005, 11:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thecleaner
It is just one of the many quirks that PAG uses to strenghten Brand Loyalty and consumer confidence! Just wait as I am sure our resident spokesperson for PAG (Lewis) willl reply soon!
On behalf of the management of VAG, PAG and PCNA, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for buying this VW...Audi.....thing with the Porshe crest.
Thanks to you, our 20% ownership stake in VAG, we will be able to continue to bring you things such as:

eGas/throttle hesitation when you least expect it.
Brake pads that throw off most dust than PigPen on Charlie Brown
Service in xxx miles warnings whenever we feel like displaying one.
Stainless (sort of stainless, they rust and do fall off now and again) trim
Homologated wheel/tire combinations which are impossible to balance
Headlights that fog up like most people do at the end of Old Yeller.
An improved remote key fob (heavier, so it breaks the window when you throw it in an attempt to actually get inside your vehicle)
Even more undocumented features/warnings/messages NOT found in the owner's manual
Wipers that cost a fortune and don't last long enough to drive from the dealer's lot
Even more ways to set off the "!" on the dashboard

in all of our future vehicle offerings.

Now, if you will all join me in singing the Cayenne anthem (the song: WTF was I thinking) as we raise our glasses of Purplesaurus Rex Kool Aid and toast the future.

How's that?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:00 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Lotus350
It is me or do you guys/gals feel the same way?
Actually my Cayenne talks to me, which is why the member of this forum sent me off to a "vacation villa" and got me these pajamas with a "really tight fitting top".....but they do have those cool little footies sewn in and the flap on the back.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:07 AM
1988carrera
Instructor

I think they made it that way intentionally ..( shows 16mpg when it is only 14.5mpg in my case ) ..so that you feel like you are getting better milage !!

BTW..I was filling up at Costco/Livermore and saw a Cayenne pull up to pump as I was leaving and saw new headlights!!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:39 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

The facelift "mules" are in the US running about doing final testing.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:27 AM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

filled up the tank yesterday and got up to 20.25 gallons. Trip comp shows 420 as range but I only get about 230 from the tank. It is really pissing me off.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:37 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JARO
filled up the tank yesterday and got up to 20.25 gallons. Trip comp shows 420 as range but I only get about 230 from the tank. It is really pissing me off.
Well, I'll weigh in.. My gauge also starts off with a very high number but as the tank is used the miles to go reduces. I would theorize that it uses an avg. mpg that starts at 20 or so and then winds down from there.. I have to say that I have gotten nearly 500 miles on a tank. Drove 77 mph and got 19+mpg and used about 24 gallons of all interstate driving.. so as Gomer used to say "surprise, surprise" I'd bet there is also a software issue with your indicator. I find the trip/MPG measurements to be pretty accurate in the NAV.

Jaro, come on now.. you're a long time forum devotee... just drink the darn Kool-aid and quit "punching it" around the pretty girls and your mileage will get better!!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 AM
JARO
Pro

good one MadFox....went off of cool aid...popping pills now...up to 200mg a day hahahahah
Everytime I get p-d off at the Cay and want to trade it in for something else this devil does something during a drive which just makes me love it all over again. It is a love/hate relationship!!!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:58 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JARO
good one MadFox....went off of cool aid...popping pills now...up to 200mg a day hahahahah ..Everytime I get p-d off at the Cay and want to trade it in for something else this devil does something during a drive which just makes me love it all over again. It is a love/hate relationship!!!
Join the crowd (well other than ltc, I don't think love and Cayenne can be in the same sentence for our straight-jacket compatriot).. I love all that this "das beast" can do.. but then I hate that it is such a pain in the **** at my dozens of dealership visits. But, as a daily driver, I don't think anything compares.... i.e. had a kid whip around me on a two lane off ramp after coming up on my *** to close.. tapped the pedal and zoomed around him (not at 150 blackturbo!!).. big thumbs up from the youngster and I just nodded and left him. Ahh, older men and their expensive SUV toys.. 997 cab.. where are you?

Quick Reply: My CS lies to me all the time (MPG)