Poor Cayenne Sales.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 01:46 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Trust me, if PAG could sell 50K Cayennes/year, they would build 50K Cayennes/year. The sole purpose behind the Cayenne was revenue generation (to maintain 'independence') and to thus fund projects towards that end (20% stock purchase in VAG..mutually beneficial IMHO, add onto Leipzig to fund/build the Panamera, etc.
Ohhh, vee beleevez you. vee. das post-**** germanz.. vee are zee capitalizt pigz.. like zee americanz.. if zhere vere 50 zousand zuckers a year to buyz zee Cayennes zat vee build.. zat would mean zat vee could get all zee bugs out of the panamera vhen vee getz it out zee door in '08 for all zee zuckers who vill pay us 150 zousand dollars or more for zit. more profitz if zay find zee glitches..

zhis nincumpoopz madfox iz happy about dis however as he dinks itz gud to have less cayennes on zee road.. more prestigous.. he and ltc are full of crapz.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:53 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 356driver
Lewis is right. Car sales are cyclical and Porsche had too much riding on a single model. 911's go in and out of style. During the downturn of the early 90's Porsche almost went under. The key is to have a diverse lineup.

SUV sales funded Porsche's development of the Cayman. 997 and Cayman sales will fund development of the Panamera during the next couple of years. With a sedan in the lineup, and perhaps a hybrid SUV, Porsche will be in even better shape in 2008.

The most important thing is Porsche will no longer live or die based on a single market segment. They will have a lineup that appeals to a much broader audience, all of whom will pay a premium to drive a Porsche.
zis is gud stuff.. are you readingz zee press releases or das you have zee inzide scoopz from Peter in zee altanta.. vee vill make zee huge profitz by building zee diverze line of vehiclez and zhen putting das Porsche badge on zit zo zhat every dinglehopperz in zee vorld can have zee porsche... zee old fartz who want zee exclusivez noze in air porsche.. zay vill zuck it up becauze vee are germanz for God's zake and vee build zee finest overprized vehiclez in zee vorld.. but vee vill keep them becauze.. zee vill every nowz and zhen throw zem a bone.. like a dog zat comes back to zits vomit.. zee original porsche sportzcar nutz vill never leave uz... or ve vill shootz zem anyhowz.. danka for letting zee strategy out of zee bag you nincumpoopz..
Old 11-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Be interesting to see how reliable the Q7 is when it's been out for a while, even though it is a liitle late to the SUV game...
skl,

Being and Audi guy myself, this is the SUV that I'm waiting for. I think it looks terrific in the photos, but I'll reserve my final judgement when I see it in person. I hope the Q7 is reliable, but we'll see.

Rich

Quick Reply: Poor Cayenne Sales.....