After build date, how long?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 06:21 AM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After build date, how long?

I have a new CS on order which was supposed to be built the first week of Nov. Now the dealer does not have a build date. Has anyone ordered a Cayenne before? How long did it take to arrive once you had the build date?

I fear my vehicle may not arrive until January which may prompt me to look for a used CTTor another CS if I can find a similarly equipped one....tired of waiting, ordered it October 10th.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:50 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Depends on the cycle of the ships / how long it sits on the pier...

My dealer tells me no more than five weeks after build date....

Hope this helps ya...
Old 11-10-2005, 08:55 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i waited 7 months to get the cayenne
orderd on march 17th recieved car on 3rd of october build date was late/july/early august
Old 11-10-2005, 10:40 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by huskydog
I have a new CS on order which was supposed to be built the first week of Nov. Now the dealer does not have a build date. Has anyone ordered a Cayenne before? How long did it take to arrive once you had the build date?

I fear my vehicle may not arrive until January which may prompt me to look for a used CTTor another CS if I can find a similarly equipped one....tired of waiting, ordered it October 10th.

I ordered my CS in mid-August. Build was completed 9/13 in Lepzig. It was delivered to the dealer in NH on Oct. 10th, and I picked it up Oct. 15th. When I ordered it, the dealer told me it would be delivered in mid-late Oct. and they were right on the money (a little early actually). Dealer was having trouble confirming for me exactly when it would be built, and next thing I knew, it was here. Not sure how accurate the flow of information is to the dealer and then to the customer about build dates etc. Others who ordered late summer got their CS's almost exactly 2 months from the order date, like I did. I'd hang in there. I'll bet it arrives at your dealer in early-mid December.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:44 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
i waited 7 months to get the cayenne
orderd on march 17th recieved car on 3rd of october build date was late/july/early august

Mean Machine-- Could it have taken longer because you are Kuwait?

Also, Husky Dog-- Their are some cool aspects of getting a custom order-- you get the car's "birth certificate" with the build date and otherinformation about your car with your name on it as the person it was built for...pretty cool.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:49 AM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes i realised this we just orderd an slk55 amg for my dad submitted on 7/11/05 february production end march/early april arrival
also my cs orderd in march and then after 5 months they started building it begining of august

i noticed if you order a car from america any high end marque porsche mercedes, etc after you submit your order in one month and 1/2 they start building it so you get it in like 2 months/3...the answer is the u.s is big and there are lots of folks who want these cars in large numbers so they build there cars first and then for the rest of the world
Old 11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know how you feel, my car comes into port on Sunday or Monday, it's gonna be a long week next week!

Quick Reply: After build date, how long?