Sponsored by:

Audiovox Smart Digital Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 PM
Zin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Audiovox Smart Digital Adapter

I believe there has been info posted on here already, just thought I would share the response I received from Audiovox. I had sent an email to the company to get more info. See below:

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Smart Digital Adapter

Discussion Thread
Response (THOLDEN) - 09/09/2005 11:18 AM
Dear Paul,
We are coming out XMDRDS100 which is a new smart adapter. This will be available in the new year.
Sincerely, Trudy, Customer Service

Customer (ZIN) - 09/05/2005 10:08 AM
Hi!
I am interested in finding out more information about the smart digital adapter referenced in the following press release. Is it still on track to release in November? Where will this item be available for purchase (Best Buy?), will vehicle specific instructions be available (Porsche Cayenne)?
Thanks much!

Washington D.C., August 09, 2005 -- Audiovox Corporation (NASDAQ: VOXX) and XM Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: XMSR), the nation's leading satellite radio service with more than 4.4 million subscribers, today announced a new smart digital adaptor that delivers XM to any new or used vehicle that has a car stereo equipped with Radio Data Service (RDS).

RDS is available in various vehicle models offered by leading automakers such as Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln-Mercury, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Nissan, Porsche, Range Rover, Scion, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo, and many others. RDS is a technology that was introduced in the U.S. in 1998 to send digital display information to FM radios.

The smart digital adaptor marketed by Audiovox under its Terk brand connects the in-dash radio to a hideaway XM Direct tuner box. The driver can access all XM functions using a full-feature remote control. The Terk adaptor offers consumers a universal solution for new and used vehicles that do not have factory-installed XM radios. The patent-pending technology provides a "factory-like" XM installation, leaving the dash and existing car stereo head unit intact.

Question Reference #050905-000007
Product: Electronics
Sub-Product: XM Satellite Radio
What type of issue is it: Technical\Installation
Contact Information: paulzindrick@hotmail.com
Old 09-11-2005, 05:18 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

But does NOT include an audio connection other than an FM transmitter.

Quick Reply: Audiovox Smart Digital Adapter