Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 12:04 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent 89-GT
Lewis, Why don't you just stop complaining and ditch the troublesome truck? .
Sell it, you can I can get rid of it? Up until now, I had just assumed that this vehicle was like herpes....you get a cold sore, it hurts, it goes away, but the virus (yes, I also dabbled in virology and microbiology back in my weapons days) never really leaves your system. Sort of like the Cayenne...it hurts, it works for a while, but you know it's going to hurt you again.

It seems like every thread I visit there is some comment by you regarding a problem with towing. I have three trailers I have pulled with my Cayenne, a flatbed car trailer, my boat and my snowmobile trailer. None of them have ever caused any problem with my Cayenne.
Yes, and I'll bet I know why.

If you continue to allow the inanimate object to annoy you, you are not a victim of a Porsche, you are are victim of your own foolishness.
Agreed, so with that gentlmen, I bid you a fond farewell.

I am glad that I was able to bring some life and humor to the forum....and the receipe for Purplesaurus Rex KoolAid, but I can no longer allow myself to be the victim of my own foolishness with the Cayenne.

We now return you to your normally scheduled programming..........

Thank You and Good Night
Old 08-18-2005, 12:05 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by skl
I hope Lewis keeps it, and if he does get rid of it, I hope he sticks around here anyway. It would be VERY boring without him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (there, feel better?)
Sorry, forgot to answer you before I signed off.
Yes, it does make me feel better, kind of like a blankie and a cup of warm milk.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:19 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Sorry, forgot to answer you before I signed off.
Yes, it does make me feel better, kind of like a blankie and a cup of warm milk.
Sorry, your resignation is not accepted. Kind of like a military commission, you serve at the pleasure of the President. And he whispered to me that you bring too much to the table.. and those who would say otherwise are not wise. Besides if the bully in the technical playground said "go home", I don't think your nature is to

keep the Kool-Aid inspired wit coming!*

* any use of the ! is purely coincidental and in no way reflects PAG's approval or disapproval of content contained herein. Should an accidental ! appear, we apologize and all legal remedies will be found to delete the ! from the forum until a proper fix to ! errors has been found so help us God.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:11 AM
boybike
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I have to say i am 55 and lousy vision, so I LOVE the parking assist, I use it when trying to pull in as FAR as possible in lots so people maybe miss scraping my fendors

You do need the xenon lights,
you do needed heated seats
you do need the nav system (for coolness, and occasional a REAL need!)
you do need the moon roof!

and you will HAVE a LOT of fun!!!

Bruce
CT Cayanne S happy owner....
Old 08-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New England weather = Heated Seats/wheel
New England roads = Air suspension

you do need the nav system (for coolness, and occasional a REAL need!)
so it can send you to the wrong place - yesterday it took me to an address in Bridgewater instead of Halifax.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all your info. on suggested options. My local dealer has offered a $5000 discount off a $70k sticker price. He also mentioned that there is $9000 of total profit when sold at sticker price. I don't think this includes any holdback or advertising $$.

Is it possible to buy off the lot or order a CS for Dealer invoice?
1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered
Old 08-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I doubt you can talk a dealer into that big of a discount on a new Porsche. They have operated with the big margins for many years. It pays for the fancy showrooms and well dressed sales people. I don't think they have trouble selling pretty much everything they get their hands on. The incentive to give great deals just isn't there like it is at the Chevy dealer where the products suck and they need to move them.

That said, I did better than $5k off back in the spring of '04 when demand was higher than today. My truck was ordered and I got $6k off a similar sticker plus I beat another $1500 out of them on my trade at the last minute. You are pretty close to a decent deal though IMO.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I love entry and drive.. never have to fumble with keys, and air suspension... and variable assist sterring, and power closing rear gate.. and.... is this a run on sentence?

Here was my list on my 04

Electric Comfort Package
Non Smoker
Sports Aluminum Package
Moonroof
PCM w/ Compass
Fire Extinguisher
Bi-Xenons
Park Assist
Smooth Leather Interior
All Seat Heaters including Steering Wheel
Sport Seats w/Memory
Variable Assist Power
Air Suspension
Trailer Hitch
18" Turbos Rims with all season tires (selling)
Drive & Entry
6 Disc Changer

Quick Reply: Cayenne S puchase, what options?