Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help, how to remove ash tray in the center console, coins stuck in between.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 05:26 PM
jacky168
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, how to remove ash tray in the center console, coins stuck in between.

Anybody know, if it requires some special tools to remove the entire ash tray in the center console? I guess some coins must be stuck in the back of it. I can't seem to close the ash tray all the way in. Anyone had similar things happen before on this forum?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:09 AM
PTEC
Burning Brakes

Yeah its pretty common. Youll need to remove the AC control panel, but first you need to remove the aluminum look trim around the console, it just pulls out. After that you gain access to the clips which hold in the AC control panel. There is metal tang that holds it in on each side. You need to press those clips towards the center of the car and pull the control panel out, its kind of a pain. After that youll see two t-20 screws which hold the ash tray in.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:44 PM
haji3
Advanced

jeez, this should be on that thread about what to know if you are buying a Cayenne. DON'T PUT COINS IN THE FRIGGIN ASHTRAY. WHAT A PITA.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:32 PM
Lionworks Auto
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by haji3
jeez, this should be on that thread about what to know if you are buying a Cayenne. DON'T PUT COINS IN THE FRIGGIN ASHTRAY. WHAT A PITA.
assume you have clicked the tab release to the right which is front of the lighter already?
Old 12-22-2015, 07:06 AM
haji3
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lionworks Auto
assume you have clicked the tab release to the right which is front of the lighter already?
Yes it was a quarter that my wife put in on the first day of ownership back behind everything. Now that I've done this I could probably remove the AC head in 5 minutes but it is stressfull taking something apart for the first time while sticking foreign objects in the dash, applying pressure and hoping not to break anything.

Quick Reply: Help, how to remove ash tray in the center console, coins stuck in between.